[ROM] Eclipse v3.0 Droid 3 Port

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
Hold on there,

First off what are you trying to do? Replace your nonsafe system or just clean up your sd card?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

What I want to do is take the internal storage (internal SD?) and clean everything off it that does not need to be there.

techdigital

Reaction score
to insure you dont mess up if you have a micro sd card reader just open your battery door on the phone take your card out at format it on your computer.

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
Ok I understand the difference between the external SD card and the internal SD card (Not tech dummy just new to the smartphone world).

My external SD card has almost nothing on it already, it does not need to be formatted. What I need to do is clean up the folders full of crap on the internal storage that are leftovers from yesterday trying 3 different ROMs and all the other stuff I did.

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
o0o just go to settings>storage>format internal storage

Or yeah u can manually delete like u said

Ok you have me all freaked out here now.

If I use the settings>storage>format internal storage it wont turn my phone into a paperweight with nothing on it right? lol

So much fun!! :icon_ banana:DancingNexusdancedroid:icon_ lala::hail:

techdigital

Reaction score
Welcome to the Smartphone world! :) Smartphone = Linux Computer in your pocket.... think of the internal sd as your local hard disk, they have it partitioned so that a portion is used for system which is where your rom goes and is not accessable unless youre rooted which is why the root is potentially dangerous to the user who tinkers without understanding, the other half of the partition is for storage that half can be seen and changed and thats the half that youre formatting/deleting the un-needed files from.

Last edited:

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
Welcome to the Smartphone world! :) Smartphone = Linux Computer in your pocket.... think of the internal sd as your local hard disk, they have it partitioned so that a portion is used for system which is where your rom goes and is not accessable unless youre rooted which is why the root is potentially dangerous to the user who tinkers without understanding, the other half of the partition is for storage that half can be seen and changed and thats the half that youre formatting/deleting the un-needed files from.

HEHE OK then. I formatted internal storage. It is now super clean and I am happy with it.

Now I am going to root, put Safestrap back on here and then put this Eclipse 3.0.1.2 ROM on my phone and hopefully be happy and not mess with it anymore :)

I have one more dumb question why I am here chatting up Davros's forum, I see a lot of you guys use Tapatalk 2 in order to do the forum thing, I looked it up and it costs $2.99, is it worth it?

Thanks!