Easy Root for Bionic Stock 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

hillsideman2000

Reaction score
Finally had success. After playing with this all week I installed the new updated ova file, shut off all other android devices on my WiFi network (tablets, etc.)
disabled my data on the bionic using the toggle from juice defender, and did not plug in usb cable till connection was made with the remote storage via WiFi.
Took over ten times entering the info before connection was made via wifi. Thanks so much.

bigbronco

Reaction score
Hey marty45714,

Thanks for the tutorial. It has seemed to have worked very well for everyone. Long story short, I dropped my Samsung Note and the digitizer is like $250. So I have this Bionic from when I was with Verizon. I am now with AT&T. I need to root this phone so I can use my AT&T SIM card.

All goes well up to where it says waiting for phone to be connected to USB. deamon started successfully and it just hangs. It was fine up until there.

I did notice that when I used the pull down notification on the phone there was nothing there. No MTP option. I checked the USB debugging. Any ideas???

Thanks bb

Zantillian

Reaction score
I got a weird problem. I followed the instructions to the T. When I started it, all it says is "* daemon started successfully *". Then nothing. Someone know what's up?

deduct

Reaction score
I got a weird problem. I followed the instructions to the T. When I started it, all it says is "* daemon started successfully *". Then nothing. Someone know what's up?

Sounds like comp is not recognizing device.

surfboy192

Reaction score
I dont have the file in my file app that is required to connect to the SMB.

bigbronco

Reaction score
Zantillian

Did you figure it out??? I have the same problem. "* daemon started successfully *". I was starting to think I had a bad micro USB port on my phone until I saw your post.

Thanks bb

Jfulton

Reaction score
Sharing Issue

So, I figured out what was wrong. I had updated the ova file, and thought that it replaced as I imported. It does not, it adds. This caused a confusion in the IP address. So, once I deleted all but the ova4, it ran like a charm, file sharing exploit, the entire program and I have root. Thank you so much for all the work and and time and patience!

sierra117

Reaction score
When I start up the VirtualBox I start the process and it stops at "Daemon started successfully"

zebo51

Reaction score
It is telling me invalid IP address. I go into settings and network is set to Bridged Adapter and under name I have my network adapter selected "Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gig Controller. Under advanced the adapter type is set to Intel Pro/1000MT Desktop 82540OEM. Promisc mode is allow all. Any ideas?

Thanks

mpridmore

Reaction score
I have the same issue as zebo51. Different network card/adapter, but same invalid IP address. I've entered it more than 20 times now. How can we resolve this?

zebo51

Reaction score
It is telling me invalid IP address. I go into settings and network is set to Bridged Adapter and under name I have my network adapter selected "Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gig Controller. Under advanced the adapter type is set to Intel Pro/1000MT Desktop 82540OEM. Promisc mode is allow all. Any ideas?

Thanks

Got it working, changed to PCnet-FAST III and it got an ip.

Now it is just sitting at *daemon started successfully*. Does this step take awhile or am I suppose to do something?

Thanks

mpridmore

Reaction score
UPDATE: Mission (root) accomplished! Changed the network adapter to VB Host Only and PCnet-FastIII, et voila! Root status verified by Root Checker Basic. Thanks, Marty!

zebo51

Reaction score
Got it working, changed to PCnet-FAST III and it got an ip.

Now it is just sitting at *daemon started successfully*. Does this step take awhile or am I suppose to do something?

Thanks

Successfully rooted. Just rebooted my PC and things went smoothly. Thanks for all your work and sharing it.

Dwcbionic

Reaction score
Thanks so much for this technique. I've never rooted before, and I decided to give it a go, and it worked like a charm. You sir, are a prince among men.

From that you might well correctly infer that I'm a root noob. I am indeed. I've been trying to figure out what to do next, basically. Scouring forums as best I can, I have downloaded and installed a couple of things. ROM Manager and Safe Strap, for example. But I honestly don't know how I'm supposed to try out different ROMs. Most of the posts I see are old, and I just don't know if I can rely on them. I've also seen posts suggesting that there's only one ROM available now for bionic on JB 4.1.2. I am a little afraid of borking the whole thing by doing something based on old information that I can't follow anymore. Maybe I should have started a new thread, and if so, perhaps a kind mod can move this. I'm just looking for some basic advice about how to actually take advantage of root. Some links to things I can rely on? Anything. I get that I'm asking stuff that probably everybody here knows, and for that I apologize. I sincerely have tried to figure it out, but I'm just not reaching the comfort level of understanding that I'd like.

So any pointers, tips, anything, would be immensely appreciated. I think I've backed up my stock ROM. I don't think I've done any partitioning. If there's some old ICS root post that walks me through how to do stuff and I can rely on it even tho I'm JB now, that's great. Nobody needs to reinvent the wheel! But some words of advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if the site allows PMs, but if so, feel free to PM me. I have the whole night to mess around with this, and I'm really hoping to have some fun. :)

Thanks, and again sorry for the noobster post. And thanks again and again to the OP who posted the awesomely easy root technique.