Easy Root for Bionic Stock 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

cervri

Reaction score
Been trying without success, but today I got as far as daemon started successfully. Message on phone says "loading" but nothing is happening. the command screen went blank after about 5 minutes. How long does it take for this to load? or has something gone wrong?

cervri

Reaction score
Successfully rooted. Just rebooted my PC and things went smoothly. Thanks for all your work and sharing it.

How long did you have to wait for daemon? What else did you do? Having the same problem.

zebo51

Reaction score
How long did you have to wait for daemon? What else did you do? Having the same problem.

Not long, it kicked off within a second. I didn't do anything else besides with the prompts said. Good luck.

cervri

Reaction score
Not long, it kicked off within a second. I didn't do anything else besides with the prompts said. Good luck.

Thank you for the reply...After trying this countless times I decided to change USB ports. I have a Toshiba P755 laptop and was using the USB port on the left side. Moved to the right front port and wala done deal, I am rooted....Gracias Senior.:icon_ lala::icon_ lala:

SkriptAsylum

Reaction score
~Marty,

Finally got mine working, not sure what the problem was- perhaps updating VB resolved whatever unseen tweaks I had enacted =)

However, I'm having one strange issue- whenever I reboot, my Notification sound effects are forgotten [though easily adjusted]. Any idea what's up with that? I use files saved on my SD card for my ringtone/text message notification, only oddity I can think of.

Droid 51

Reaction score
~Marty,

Finally got mine working, not sure what the problem was- perhaps updating VB resolved whatever unseen tweaks I had enacted =)

However, I'm having one strange issue- whenever I reboot, my Notification sound effects are forgotten [though easily adjusted]. Any idea what's up with that? I use files saved on my SD card for my ringtone/text message notification, only oddity I can think of.

What is a VB and how did u update itit

Droid 51

Reaction score
I am having problems getting this work and I know what to do I did it on my other bionic before it got messed up now I can't get this to go through I even erased and downloaded everything again, it just runs the process and when I get to the point of pushing a button up down or power it just sits there and when I actually get it past that point and it does reboot I still don't have root

Lycaon

Reaction score
My VM's been hung at "Switching to clocksource tsc" for about 6 hours now. Any ideas?

Lycaon

Reaction score
You should update the script so there is a bit of warning before "PUSH A BUTTON RIGHT NOW" I missed it the first time and had to start over :\ Root WAS successful though, thank you sir.

For those of you that run into the "Switching to clocksource tsc", VirtualBox does not like it when you also have Hyper-V installed. I forgot I had it. Once I removed it, everything went fine.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I can get virtualBox to save, but not install. Any ideas?

Edit: K, finally got VB to install, but now I type in all the network info to connect the phone to the system and it fails to connect. wi-fi is on and I have a legit IP. Not sure what the problem is.

shockaholick_01

Reaction score
Hey All,
I'm sorry if this is a repost, but I'm really lost with this method. I'm not a newb to rooting, but a newb to this method for sure. I'm not sure if i'm doing things right. When I go to file--> import appliance and load the .ova file that is fine. Press the "GREEN SHOW ARROW BUTTON" and the simulator loads. Well, I then get the following error: "Could not start the machine Linux Minimal because the followin physical network interfaces were not found: NVIDA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet (adapter1) You can either change the machines network settings or stop the machine".

So I click change network, and then another screen pops up, I press ok. and the simulator seems to work. Now the part I'm hung up on is this:

go to your phone's home screen and select the Apps button, then start the files app.
now touch remote storages, and finally add storage

then it takes u to wifi settings
when u click add storage
and fill in the follwoing info
Host IP address: 10.0.0.9
Domain Name: mygroup
shared folder name: share
user name: guest
password: bionic

i can't get any of htat part to work. there isn't enough fields to fill out when you want to add another wifi.

Am I doing something wrong? Please someone help, and I'm sorry again if this is a repost.

Thanks you all in advance.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Hey All,
I'm sorry if this is a repost, but I'm really lost with this method. I'm not a newb to rooting, but a newb to this method for sure. I'm not sure if i'm doing things right. When I go to file--> import appliance and load the .ova file that is fine. Press the "GREEN SHOW ARROW BUTTON" and the simulator loads. Well, I then get the following error: "Could not start the machine Linux Minimal because the followin physical network interfaces were not found: NVIDA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet (adapter1) You can either change the machines network settings or stop the machine".

So I click change network, and then another screen pops up, I press ok. and the simulator seems to work. Now the part I'm hung up on is this:

go to your phone's home screen and select the Apps button, then start the files app.
now touch remote storages, and finally add storage

then it takes u to wifi settings
when u click add storage
and fill in the follwoing info
Host IP address: 10.0.0.9
Domain Name: mygroup
shared folder name: share
user name: guest
password: bionic

i can't get any of htat part to work. there isn't enough fields to fill out when you want to add another wifi.

Am I doing something wrong? Please someone help, and I'm sorry again if this is a repost.

Thanks you all in advance.

This is exactly where I'm stuck. I can't get my phone to connect.

shockaholick_01

Reaction score
This is exactly where I'm stuck. I can't get my phone to connect.

Yea, I have no idea how to add a network with those settings. When I try to add a network by pressing the "+" symbol in the wifi settings, there are not enough fields to fill out that stuff, or I'm just so dumb I have no idea what I'm doing(prolly a combination of both lol) ...anyone that can direct me to what to do..that would be great!!

Thank you all in advance!

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Yea, I have no idea how to add a network with those settings. When I try to add a network by pressing the "+" symbol in the wifi settings, there are not enough fields to fill out that stuff, or I'm just so dumb I have no idea what I'm doing(prolly a combination of both lol) ...anyone that can direct me to what to do..that would be great!!

Thank you all in advance!

Not sure what you're talking about by adding another wi-fi, but you should get all those fields when you click remote storage/add storage. All the fields should be there, it's just a matter of your phone connecting or not.

shockaholick_01

Reaction score
Not sure what you're talking about by adding another wi-fi, but you should get all those fields when you click remote storage/add storage. All the fields should be there, it's just a matter of your phone connecting or not.

hmm..ok soo when i click to add storage...it brings up a pop menu to "open wifi" ...should I add my home network..and then go back and try again? maybe that is the issue?