Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R Root for the BIONIC
Works on system software version .886 through 5.7.893
Will not work on the new OTA!!!!!!!!!!!
Now for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X
Presented to you by dhacker29, DroidTh3ory, Crpeck and TH3ORYROM

I have totally rewritten the windows version and Crpeck has rewritten the Linux/Mac OS X version

The downloads include all of the files necessary to either root or restore and root your bricked BIONIC no matter what system version you are on (.886 or .893

I have zipped up the fastboot binary, boot.img, system.img, ROOT tools and a custom script so that all you have to do is download the zip. Extract it the folder and double click on Root.bat (windows) or MotoRooter.sh (Linux/MacOS X) file to be given the option to root your BIONIC or recover and restore from a bootloop or softbrick on your BIONIC.

The Windows version now includes the ADB exe and DLL file so you don't have to worry about not having ADB setup.

The Linux and Mac OS X version has been updated by Crpeck, so that it is now menu driven and has a clicky icon for Mac OS X users. It includes the adb and fastboot binaries for both OS's and will auto determine which platform you are running.

Instructions:
Download the zip:
Windows: R3l3AS3DRoot_Windows_V2.1.zip
MotoRooter for Linux and Mac OS X: MotoRooter-1.1.zip

Extract the zip folder on your computer.

Double click the file R3L3AS3DRoot.bat for windows, MotoRooter.sh for Linux, or Mac-MotoRooter for Mac OS X in the folder where you extracted the zip.

Follow the prompts on the screen and you'll be given the option to restore to factory stock, restore to factory stock and reroot with forever foot, or forever root your phone.

Each section gives you instructions on what mode to put your phone in so follow them carefully!

Enjoy the scripts!! And show Crpeck some love for helping with the Mac OS X stuff and making my linux version even better.

If you encounter an error message please post what the error was and which operating system you were running it on so we can help you better.

R3L3AS3DRoot.png

MotoRoot.png

A special thanks to BriefMobile for the files and information to make this possible.

Last edited:

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Enjoy this boys and girls... Now we can flash with complete disregard of common sense. :)

Dhacker killed it on this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the hard work

- Motorola Droid
- Motorola Droid X²
- Motorola Droid Bionic

WyldRyce

Reaction score
Thanks! I haven't ran into a bootloop yet but I'll keep this just in case.

mzimand

Reaction score
DT,

Is the restore imaged rooted with SU installed?
Does it come with bootstrap?
Is it debloated or is it a stock image?

Thanks
Matt

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
DT,

It
Thanks
Matt

This is the Full Stock, Odex, Bloated, Non Rooted.

I will make a Deodex Rooted system.img. Dhacker can add the option to choose that way. :)

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
DT,

Thanks
Matt

It is a stock image. We will be adding a rooted image soon, but it will not include bootstrap as that is Koush's app.

mzimand

Reaction score
Would we be able to take the .img from the original Nandroid backups that were made with cwm 4.0.1.5 and place it in the fastboot folder in place of the one you supplied?
Also have either of you used a CWM 5.0.2.5 backup. I have been afraid to test it. I know the Nandroids from the original cwm 4.0.1.5 work and they took all of 5 minutes to create a backup were as the backups from cwm 5.0.2.5 taker 20+ minutes. Also the format of the cwm 5.0.2.5 nandroid backups are in .ext3 file format which I am unfamiliar with. Do the .ext3 files act the same as the .img files.

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Would we be able to take the .img from the original Nandroid backups that were made with cwm 4.0.1.5 and place it in the fastboot folder in place of the one you supplied?
Also have either of you used a CWM 5.0.2.5 backup. I have been afraid to test it. I know the Nandroids from the original cwm 4.0.1.5 work and they took all of 5 minutes to create a backup were as the backups from cwm 5.0.2.5 taker 20+ minutes. Also the format of the cwm 5.0.2.5 nandroid backups are in .ext3 file format which I am unfamiliar with. Do the .ext3 files act the same as the .img files.

yes you can use the system.img from your nandroid with the fastboot script. I haven't done any nandroids so I couldn't say if the new ones restore ok or not. I have flashed so many times helping develop UNL3ASH3D lol

monac66

Reaction score
In Soft boot and boot loop

Ok I am in this boot loop and i have down load all the recovery downloads that i can??? the down loads are either corruted-or- missing something . I cant seem too get it right GURRRR!!! if some can help me that would be great....

SirTanNacht

Reaction score
I am not new to the android arena, but I would like to say thank you for the one-click fastboot. Saved me countless hours and some frustration. Props to the creators. :icon_ banana: