DX drop test

cgrimm9

Reaction score
Has anyone dropped there DX coworker said he did nothing happened. I am just curious on how durable this phone is. I hate to worry about one slip up and the phone shattering like my other coworkers phone after one drop.

jaben2

Reaction score
I dropped mine out of a loader. It has a case on it. No damage here.

Rebycman

Reaction score
I dropped mine once so far. I had my hands full and it slipped out of my grasp and fell from about waist height down onto a cement floor. No damage to the phone or the case, but I was freaked at the time lol.

soba1

Reaction score
I think the cases help especially the snap on

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend is like pigpen from charlie brown/peanuts. That's the character that exists in a whirlwind, right? She's made it a week with no damage. Dropped several times, believe you me. That's gotta mean something. Using the verizon pink rubbery case.

MMASUPAFAN

Reaction score
Dropped mine once....and my girl dropped hers twice in 5 mins ata store no damage but we got cases later that day wouldn't trade my x for any phone I came from both bb storms

soba1

Reaction score
I think the cases help especially the snap on

fishstick600

Reaction score
I've dropped mine 3 times from about waist height and just popped my case open. I've freaked out each time

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
The case works really well on it. Somehow, maybe because of the having to deal with the keyboard mechanism, the Droid 1's cases seemed bulky to me. I only tried a couple, though. Anyway, my Droid 1 is naked.

Blackrobshawty8

Reaction score
I dropped mine but i have the verizon silicon case, bounced off the ground, dusted it off no damage. Scared the hell outta me though

OP
C

cgrimm9

Reaction score
I have not heard of any broken DX's from dropping but I was woundering the durability seems to be good so far in what I heard hear. But I still dont want to drop it. but I feal better that chances are It will still be in one piece afterwords

fishstick600

Reaction score
My only concern is what the impact can do to the internals. So far mine is just as fast as day 1. No issues with software

OP
C

cgrimm9

Reaction score
My only concern is what the impact can do to the internals. So far mine is just as fast as day 1. No issues with software

I would wonder the same thing. anything can happen if you drop the phone. I am not a big fan of cases. But I am going to have to get one just to help incase I do drop my phone. I have allways had junk phones this one I want to last.

farrah7031

Reaction score
I can confirm that the screen will shatter if dropped. It slipped out of my hand and fell on my hardwood floors face-down and immediately shattered. There was no screen protector or case on it because i had owned it for all of 3 hours.