Dropped and shattered the glass

mdfrancis99

Reaction score
I dropped my Droid X after just one day and the glass has shattered. It still works, but is completely cracked all over. How do I replace the glass and where do I get it from?

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I dropped my Droid X after just one day and the glass has shattered. It still works, but is completely cracked all over. How do I replace the glass and where do I get it from?
I believe that insurance will cover this. (after you pay the deductable)

ZBack

Reaction score
Im hoping you did sign up for the insurance when you purchased the phone. They will replace it with a refurb for whatever the deductible is.

kdkinc

Reaction score
so much for the GORILLA
icon6.gif
icon6.gif

edit: how far was the drop and onto what kind of surface please a bit more detail would be painful for you but of interest to the thread maybe...

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Please say you have Insurance.....And we all know Gorilla glass does shatter...

Hate to say this...but....
:icon_ worthless:

tmar23

Reaction score
so much for the GORILLA
icon6.gif
icon6.gif

edit: how far was the drop and onto what kind of surface please a bit more detail would be painful for you but of interest to the thread maybe...

I dropped mine from about 4 feet onto a hard wood floor. Thankfully, no damage, not even a scratch whew. :icon_eek:

seandudley

Reaction score
I started out without insurance on my phone, but after thinking about the replacement cost of almost $600 and having a friend accidentally drop his phone (not a droid x) into a cup of iced tea and ruin it the other day, I decided to call and get the insurance.. hopefully I never need it, but it makes for good peace of mind.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Are you guys paying for insurance, or insurance + extended warrantee? I was told that I had to purchase the more expensive insurance+ext warantee for the DX, even though the phone is under warrantee for a year. $6.99/month I think.

seandudley

Reaction score
I'm just doing the insurance, not the extended warranty. The CSR said that after a year of the manufacturers warranty that if something goes wrong with the phone that I would have to pay a deductable of $149 or something like that to get it replaced. If they cover loss or damage, but they don't cover the phone if something goes wrong with it without charging you $149, how does that work? Couldn't you conveniently lose your phone if it develops a problem after the year is up and get a replacement for free?

TheCheeks

Reaction score
Holy **** I still need to get Insurance! Wow, thanks for reminding me!

PS: How well does the insurance work? Which one should I get, and what can I expect?

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I started out without insurance on my phone, but after thinking about the replacement cost of almost $600 and having a friend accidentally drop his phone (not a droid x) into a cup of iced tea and ruin it the other day, I decided to call and get the insurance.. hopefully I never need it, but it makes for good peace of mind.

I normally don't carry insurance on my phones, but this is such a sweet phone, and since I really really like it, I did go with the total equipment coverage insurance that also extends the warranty past the one year manufacturer's. the guy said that this covers theft, lost, water damage, physical damage - did I hear him right?? Water damage is now covered, or has it always been with the TEC for $7.99/month?

brian4120

Reaction score
I only got the accidental insurance and left out the extended warranty.

impostor71

Reaction score

I *think* you have 30 days to buy-in on the insurance.... YMMV