Dropped and shattered the glass

nfj79

Reaction score
I'm just doing the insurance, not the extended warranty. The CSR said that after a year of the manufacturers warranty that if something goes wrong with the phone that I would have to pay a deductable of $149 or something like that to get it replaced. If they cover loss or damage, but they don't cover the phone if something goes wrong with it without charging you $149, how does that work? Couldn't you conveniently lose your phone if it develops a problem after the year is up and get a replacement for free?

I have a few friends that work at Verizon and they said the deductible is $89 for the DX.

soba1

Reaction score
so much for the GORILLA
icon6.gif
icon6.gif

edit: how far was the drop and onto what kind of surface please a bit more detail would be painful for you but of interest to the thread maybe...

I dropped mine from about 4 feet onto a hard wood floor. Thankfully, no damage, not even a scratch whew. :icon_eek:

That's why I have a protective case around mine to act as a shock absorber just in case. Gorilla glass is still pretty good. Like the others have said if you have ins no worries. If u don't then what I suggest is just add it through a phone rep and then report it.
Ouch!

Schimm

Reaction score
No insurance for me. I've got a perfectly fine Droid 1, rooted, as backup.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please say you have Insurance.....And we all know Gorilla glass does shatter...

Actually, given that it's chemically hardened, it is probably a bit MORE prone to shattering when dropped. It is, however, chip and scratch resistant.

Interpol

Reaction score
I dropped my Droid X after just one day and the glass has shattered. It still works, but is completely cracked all over. How do I replace the glass and where do I get it from?
Easy. Go to a Verizon store, they'll sell you replacement glass for around $550, but they'll throw in a new Droid X with that glass for free.

Please say you bought insurance.

dyno213

Reaction score
so much for the GORILLA
icon6.gif
icon6.gif

edit: how far was the drop and onto what kind of surface please a bit more detail would be painful for you but of interest to the thread maybe...

I dropped mine from about 4 feet onto a hard wood floor. Thankfully, no damage, not even a scratch whew. :icon_eek:

That's why I have a protective case around mine to act as a shock absorber just in case. Gorilla glass is still pretty good. Like the others have said if you have ins no worries. If u don't then what I suggest is just add it through a phone rep and then report it.
Ouch!

This is called insurance fraud.