DX drop test

tmtb

Reaction score
Dropped mine, didn't shatter but scratched the screen. I'm bummed. Wish there was a way to get it replaced. Will verizon warranty or insurance work for this?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I can confirm that the screen will shatter if dropped. It slipped out of my hand and fell on my hardwood floors face-down and immediately shattered. There was no screen protector or case on it because i had owned it for all of 3 hours.

Damn that sucks, hope it was insured... In any case (no pun intended) I thought the Droid's have gorilla glass on them... they STILL shatter upon impact?!

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
No, but if you root the phone and it bricks it you could get it replaced by saying it just randomly f***** up. Basically if you can find something wrong with it that could be explained as a factory defect.

liferefugee

Reaction score
Yup dropped from about 4 feet high into cement with no case. No damage. This phone has a metal case instead if plastic, but adding a silicone case is a good idea. I went and bought one that day.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ecsa0014

Reaction score
I sat down in a chair the other day with the X in my lap. I dozed off and the phone rang. I jumped out of the chair and wound up kicking my X screen first into a wall very hard. I Just knew I had busted the screen or damaged the phone but there isn't a scratch or ding to show for it.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, and I'm really suprised. Always have mine in my lap when driving. Usually get out and drop whatever phone I have. Haven't with this one yet. Knock on wood.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

barski

Reaction score
I would still recommend a screen guard. Idk about you but it has saved my screen many times. I'm hoping to get a good case from otterbox but the Droid X might be obsolete by time they release there case.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Background: I bought the silicone case and glare resistant screen protector from Verizon on day 1. After several months with this setup, I decided I wanted to use my phone as is. I liked the uncased look with the nice shiny screen...

The other day on my way into my office I was carrying my Kindle with my Droid X sitting on top of it. I wasn't paying attention and the phone slid off and landed screen first onto the asphalt. I instantly regretted changing my case/screen protector setup and was about to cry. When I picked the phone up, I was dumbfounded... Not a scratch. No mark. Nothing. You couldn't even tell it had ever been dropped.

I now have the case and screen protector back on. My luck can't last!

n813ca

Reaction score
dropped mine out of a car onto asphalt with no protection. No damage :)

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Two things can get damaged when you drop it on hard surface. One ofcourse is the screen shatters into spider web and the other is camera lens cracks from impact. Both have already been reported on numerous occasions.

Sent from my DROIDX