Iphone 6 and Iphone 6 Plus Drop Tested

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I know that this is not an Iphone forum, but I am certain that many of you Android fanatics would love to see a few cryphones get smashed. PhoneBuff flew all the way to Australia so that he could be one of the first to get his hands on each of these devices. What did he do with said devices after flying halfway across the globe, and then camping outside in line? He decided to drop them.

Marques Brownlee reported earlier this year that the Iphone 6 should be coming with sapphire glass. He some what tested the durability with some keys, and a knife and whatever the screen was it wouldn't scratch. He then proceeded to bend the glass with his foot, it would not shatter. Being that he only had the glass and it wasn't attached to a device he couldn't complete a proper drop test. The video above serves as the first ever real drop test for both the Iphone 6 and Iphone 6 plus. How durable is it really.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Thought I read on a few sites that the iPhone 6's didn't actually release with sapphire glass. Is that correct?

tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Unless Apple added a layer to the sapphire glass then it is not less breakable than Gorilla Glass. It would just be more scratch resistant.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sold a guy the 6 on Friday, came back yesterday with a broken screen. He had it in his shirt pocket and bent over. It fell out and shattered the lower left corner and spiderwebbed up. Thankfully he purchased Apple Care+

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sold a guy the 6 on Friday, came back yesterday with a broken screen. He had it in his shirt pocket and bent over. It fell out and shattered the lower left corner and spiderwebbed up. Thankfully he purchased Apple Care+

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
That's the thing about Gorilla Glass. It's as strong as steel unless you tap it in the wrong spot then it's as fragile as Micah(sp?)

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
It does look like they removed the 'unbreakable screen' from their website.

Also, the camera is raised from the back. I do not like that. That little lens is gonna get scratched to hell.

Sure does look like an HTC M8.