Dropped data connection?

rileyd5

Reaction score
thanks good to know. I would think they would be on this to fix it since it occurs on multiple devices. I've only lost data once today for under 20 seconds(at least as far as I could see). Hoping it keeps up today. crossing fingers. lol.

gerelee

Reaction score
You won't pay any extra for 4G and you will be grandfathered in regardless.

And unfortunately the 4G isn't the problem - it's the eHRPD 3G "layer" on top of their normal evdo 3G that causes the problem. It's what they use to aid in the handoff between 3G/4G so it's not incredibly slow, but it's behind most of the issues with LTE connectivity.

even more unfortunately for the consumer is that it does not matter where or what the problem is ... all that matters in the end is that it's not working well, for some of us anyway. i would have loved to keep using my 4g phones, well, except for the lousy battery life, but in the end the frustration of no data connection when you need it, forced me to fall back to my 3g phones. i also paid full shot for my 4g phones. i know, i could have returned them, but i kept hoping that verizon would or could 'fix' the issue but sadly it never came to be. i would soooo love to come to these forums and NOT see lost data connection threads with the 4g phones .... mine are just sitting there gathering dust :(

killboredom

Reaction score
Anyone have these problems with HTC phones as well? Should I be eyeballing the Rezound again?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well I went to the store and checked the phone out for a good fifteen minutes and decided to pull the trigger on it. So I will report back if I see any drops in coverage on the phone after playing with it for awhile. I checked out that new HTC phone the Rezound and found it to be quite a disappointment, but then I have never really liked anything HTC has done. I am in Austin, Tx so not sure if anyone else on here is in my area and having network issues but if I see any I will report back.

lobo13

Reaction score
After my issue was resolved I haven't seen it drop data connection at all anymore. It is constantly on 4g and does not move from that.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
After my issue was resolved I haven't seen it drop data connection at all anymore. It is constantly on 4g and does not move from that.

what resolved it?

tmwes

Reaction score
My Bionic has been doing this from day 1; it is REALLY frustrating when you are using the phone for navigation, or you use Google Voice for all calls. I reported it a while back, but there has been no change.

And it isn't just the Bionic; my boss has a Samsung Charge and has the same issue.

bcd1

Reaction score
So is it worth returning my razr to see if a new one doesn't drop the data connection, or is it not an issue with the phone? Everything else is perfect about the phone except that. At first I was having battery life problems, but now that seems to have worked itself out.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Ok this is how I so far have had a stable connection. Your not going to like this for now. You have to go into settings, wireless networks, mobile networks, network mode, then tap CDMA only. It will be 3G only but it will have more success keeping the data connection. After doing so you will lose connection for a second then it will come back at 3g strong. Since doing so I haven't lost data at all. And had better battery doing so, because it isn't trying so hard to restablish the data connection all the time. But you have to go into network settings and do CDMA only at least til they release the firmware update fixing 4glte. But it is up to you.

bcd1

Reaction score
I have tried using 3g only, and I still lose connection. I'll give it another try though.

xmguy

Reaction score
Ok this is how I so far have had a stable connection. Your not going to like this for now. You have to go into settings, wireless networks, mobile networks, network mode, then tap CDMA only. It will be 3G only but it will have more success keeping the data connection. After doing so you will lose connection for a second then it will come back at 3g strong. Since doing so I haven't lost data at all. And had better battery doing so, because it isn't trying so hard to restablish the data connection all the time. But you have to go into network settings and do CDMA only at least til they release the firmware update fixing 4glte. But it is up to you.

I keep mine in CDMA only. I'm in a cdma only area anyway. I have data loss all the time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

fauxreall

Reaction score
I assume dropped data connection would mean if I was tethering it would lose connection periodically?