Dropped data connection?

Chocula78

Reaction score
I suffered a dropped data connect twice since i bought the phone at noon. I still could make phone calls, but absolutely no data connection at all.

This happened after I installed ADW Launcher. I got my connection back after toggling airplane mode on/off. The second time it happened I had to reboot.

Also note, I am 3g only mode. Not sure if this dropped data is a bug or an incompatibility with ADW Launcher. Anyone else lose there data connection?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
How long did it last before you did something? And has it been fine since then?

Man if this phone ends up having the same issues as the Bionic... I know, jumping to conclusions too early.

nubia

Reaction score
I have been dropping data the past three hours..... not good kids... I got rid of the bionic for that very reason

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

benz0

Reaction score
Had phone for 3 hrs, its perfect right now. Only thing is switching from 4 gto 3g that takes a few seconds. Other than that, phone has been flawless!! Soooooo loving this phone!!! That is all... :)

bcd1

Reaction score
I got mine yesterday, and I have experienced dropping data connection much more than I would prefer. I have only noticed it, though, when I am in areas where my data connection has always been weaker. In areas where it is strong, I haven't dropped the data connection at all. I am pretty frustrated by it, too, because that is why I didn't save a bit of money and go with the bionic. My OG Droid very, very rarely lost connection, but so far that is my biggest complaint about the Razr. If it didn't lose data connection, then I would be 100% happy with the phone.

lobo13

Reaction score
I am having data connection loss as well. Strangely enough it was when I went to 3g. It's been off for the past hour. Not sure what to do. I've turned it off and on and tried the airplane mode on/off still nothing :( This kind of sucks.

Tigerules

Reaction score
this is the sole reason for switching to the razr from the bionic.... my bionic would drop data 6-7 times a day, (I drive all day listening to xm radio) I would have to power cycle, very frustrating... The Razr has been flawless, not once did it drop data today, love the phone,,,,,,

lobo13

Reaction score
this is the sole reason for switching to the razr from the bionic.... my bionic would drop data 6-7 times a day, (I drive all day listening to xm radio) I would have to power cycle, very frustrating... The Razr has been flawless, not once did it drop data today, love the phone,,,,,,
Glad you aren't have problems but some of us are. Which is frustrating.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Starting to sound like what you read in the Bionic forums; some users have problems, some don't. The idea that this may now plaguing their latest phone, is a bit scary.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Starting to sound like what you read in the Bionic forums; some users have problems, some don't. The idea that this may now plaguing their latest phone, is a bit scary.

You've got to be f'in kidding me!? I've been to the VZW store today already and was planning to hound their tech support until they sent me a RAZR so I wouldn't have this issue anymore... glad I didn't get to that, looks like its as bad or worse for some users with the exception of one.

FYI those that have mentioned slow data hand-off.. just wait, that's the tip of the iceberg.

kebeli

Reaction score
I have had this problem with my "Bionic" almost every day, sometimes more than once in a day. I live in 3G area, but it even happened in 4G coverage too. Well, I have not had this problem with the RAZR since Thursday. Early to tell, but at least a good start...

fox_hound

Reaction score
Same here. Areas where I would normally had service I don't.
my bionic did the same darn thing ..
Hope this gets fixed fast the no battery door is encouraging me to return this.

Smeech

Reaction score
Unfortunately LTE switch and turning off data/turning on is acting the same as my Bionic did pre 5.7.893.

I'm sure it will be fixed soon...