Razr keeps dropping data connection. Anyone else?

texmaster

Reaction score
So I've had this phone for about a month and the one irritating thing about it is it keeps dropping the data connection. Sometimes its fine running 3 or 4g then in the same place it drops completely. Goes grey bars for 4 or 5 minutes then back up again. I'm in Dallas where Verizon is supposed to have a good 4g network. Its sporadic at best. Anyone else noticing this or do I have an issue with the phone?

casper05lly

Reaction score
Ya. I have the last couple of days. Verizon in Indiana

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So I've had this phone for about a month and the one irritating thing about it is it keeps dropping the data connection. Sometimes its fine running 3 or 4g then in the same place it drops completely. Goes grey bars for 4 or 5 minutes then back up again. I'm in Dallas where Verizon is supposed to have a good 4g network. Its sporadic at best. Anyone else noticing this or do I have an issue with the phone?
I think there's quite a few of us experiencing the same thing. It is a known issue much like the same issue on the Bionic. The next update should fix the problem...the update released today for the Bionic seems to have fixed their problem...our update will most likely fix the Razr problem.

Capone76

Reaction score
Yeah mine has also been doing that way too much. Annoying when listening to internet radio at work.

bogginblazer

Reaction score
Same here since i got the phone. Gonna call verizon suggest you do the same thing. So we can get this fixed

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
The Bionic got its update today. I bet the Razr update is not far behind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

thrgk

Reaction score
wait, so now the razr has the same problem the Bionic did? are you kidding, just returned my rezound for the razr. How long for this updatE? 5months lol?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I didn't say that. And yes, it has some of the same issues...read the entire thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

thrgk

Reaction score
when will this issue be fixed? maybe i should trade it for the bionic?or will it be fixed by xmas?

mobalized

Reaction score
If you have a Droid Razr call Verizon now and ask to file a Product Issue Form. I just spoke with them and this is not a documented issue for Motorola and Vz. They realize that this is the same issue the Bionic had and requested that I ask anyone that I know to call and file this form so that the process will be expedited. The tech said the more forms they have the faster it will be resolved.

Gleason81

Reaction score

Yes, I've had problems...sometimes losing signal completely for a few minutes. In fact, I had to reboot once to get signal to come back. Very irritating. I'm in Iowa fyi.

ericd35

Reaction score
Same Here

Got my phone yesterday and data keeps dropping for the Droid Razr.

Reaction score
My razr drops data alot. I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep. She told me its a known problem and motorola is sending an ota update out tomorrow.

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
Haha i started a thread about this....."i hate my razor" so i notice a couple things a factory reset helps for a little while but the data connection problem always returns and progressively becomes worse. I thought maybe there was an app. causing the trouble but i never was able to narrow it down to one specific app. I did however notice that if the back ground data is turned off it helps quite a bit but is still far from any sort of fix. I had Verizon send me a replacement that i am using right now and it seems to be pretty rock solid we'll see how she does in a few days.......my other razor was perfect the first few days as well. I hope verizon figures out the problem or maybe there's a hand full of bunk phones floating around....i dunno