Razr keeps dropping data connection. Anyone else?

kaylaartist

Reaction score
razr connection drop

My razr drops data alot. I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep. She told me its a known problem and motorola is sending an ota update out tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I certainly hope so! I've had my razr 2 weeks and I live in the NY metropolitan area!!!! and it kept losing connection in densely populated 4g zones! when I needed my gps to get to a meeting! How will we know when we can update and how??
I'm also new to having a smartphone and also had issues with my google account since (but that's another thread)
This forum has been a HUGE help for several issues I've had that neither Motorola nor Verizon could help with.
Thank you!

ericd35

Reaction score
I would assume over the air. I hope its true I am annoyed too. Its a problem with all 4G phones I think. The older ones were fixed and the newer ones now have the problem. Sucks! I do streaming Sirius all the time and use about 8GB of data a month. they need to fix this. I have to drive to RI for work and if I lose GPS I am screwed.

I certainly hope so! I've had my razr 2 weeks and I live in the NY metropolitan area!!!! and it kept losing connection in densely populated 4g zones! when I needed my gps to get to a meeting! How will we know when we can update and how??
I'm also new to having a smartphone and also had issues with my google account since (but that's another thread)
This forum has been a HUGE help for several issues I've had that neither Motorola nor Verizon could help with.
Thank you!

dalstock

Reaction score
So did you all get your problem fixed? I just got my Razr 2 days ago and it was fine the first day but today it has been dropping signal all day and hasn't been on 4G at all, just sporadic 3G. Any tips? I do know my phone updated last night so I've been wondering if that could have changed something as well...this is my first smart phone so I am very naive to terminology and how to do things but am willing to try to learn. Has been great other than the dropped signal. I have my wifi turned off completely because the signals aren't very good where I am wifi-wise.

bogginblazer

Reaction score
Call verizon im going to tomorrow. Wifi also sucks on my phone.

llll1lll1

Reaction score
So did you all get your problem fixed? I just got my Razr 2 days ago and it was fine the first day but today it has been dropping signal all day and hasn't been on 4G at all, just sporadic 3G. Any tips? I do know my phone updated last night so I've been wondering if that could have changed something as well...this is my first smart phone so I am very naive to terminology and how to do things but am willing to try to learn. Has been great other than the dropped signal. I have my wifi turned off completely because the signals aren't very good where I am wifi-wise.

You're not alone. There's been a (semi?) nationwide problem with the 4G and some areas 3G coverage. Your phone is probably fine.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Not experiencing any 4G/data dropping in Charleston, SC

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

ShockDoctor7

Reaction score
Its not your phone model...there has been a nation wide data problem in last 48 hours on VZN network.

Az_N8tive

Reaction score
Yes sir. I keep dropping 4G all late afternoon and into the night. So right now i'm just running on 3G(manually). I'm hoping tomorrow brings a better 4G day. (fingers crossed)