Droid's Android 2.1 Update: Full of Multitouch (and Some Disappointment)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
So it doesn't even have the 3D app thing instead of the pull up drawer????? What?? And no live wallpapers??? Not that I care that much for the wallpapers, but I thought it would be equal to the Nexus??

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
I guess they know more people will buy the Nexus if they don't add those things to the droid, big bummer

tktouch12

Reaction score
i dont really care about either, but they just should have them to be fair.
it said weather widgets are coming. whats that? is it the 2.1 new widget or something else?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess we will have to deal with whatever they give us but, I deeply feel that this isn't fair....I will upgrade to 2.1 just to have the latest software.....but I will root and OC and do all that stuff as soon as it becomes available

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rumours all.

It will be what it is.

However, if the launcher was not included now, I can see why. Just not coded yet to switch to landscape on the droid. The N1's launcher has no such reason to do so.

Also, I have to raise my voice here:

THERE WILL BE NO FLASH IN 2.1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez guys and gals, flash development at Adobe is a totally separate thing than the OS upgrade.

2.1 is supposed to SUPPORT flash 10.1 but it is not PART of the OS.

Enough about flash! It will be later! And it will be from Adobe, not moto or google ...

gentlefury

Reaction score
Launcher 2 is SO annoying..I'm glad they decided to leave it out...I can't stand how it clicks..you can't just scroll thru like the tray.

If you really want it it is available, as a part of the OS or deodexed installation....no need to cry..

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
Rumours all.

THERE WILL BE NO FLASH IN 2.1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez guys and gals, flash development at Adobe is a totally separate thing than the OS upgrade.

2.1 is supposed to SUPPORT flash 10.1 but it is not PART of the OS.

Enough about flash! It will be later! And it will be from Adobe, not moto or google ...

lol, we already know that, safe your energy

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
Sorry guys new to this phone just got the moto droid. Explan

there is a huge thread about 2.1 on the news page its about 150 pages, don't worry about it at all is better not to know anything about it than to be another droid owner bleeding for 2.1, whenever you get your update on your phone Accept it, you will be happy with it :icon_ banana:

nevadascott

Reaction score
Iphone?

I really hate to say this, but this really IS why the Iphone has an advantage. The updates are global to the equipment, not who makes the phone. This is the same regret I had as a Blackberry user.

compwrench

Reaction score
Do people get this excited about windows updates....just waiting on flash!:icon_ banana: