Droid update 2.1 news

bL33d

Reaction score
If those are not included i call foul from google trying to make there nexus one look better then it actually is.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
People need to stop overreacting : )

This is NOT the final build.

To assume everything is going to be left off from somebody writing about a test build is crazy. Verizon does not have the final build yet.

So breathe : ) the article is meaningless right now.

SO true! At first I was really dissapointed!! BUT then I thought a bout it and it doesn't make sense, one could argue that our Hardware is on par with the Nexus One's and not including all those features is a bit questionable. So I'll just believe that it's not a final build and that we will get all those goodies. Also it didn't make sense since the Droid is a Google Experience phone, if we didn't get the Full 2.1 then technically wouldn't that be a modified version?

Nedaroth

Reaction score
First this thread should not have been moved from Gen Discussions, whats up with that?

Hay kids honeymoons over, get used to the term fragmentation because that is the direction android is going in and we all know what that means, Thanks Google
Im so glad i rooted:icon_ banana:

droidkm

Reaction score
news may or may not be right, i'm not really putting much stock in it - but it's enough that i'm gonna go ahead and root and then if 2.1 does what we thought it would, i'll reconsider.

droidfannd

Reaction score
From Endgadget:

Motorola: Droid update to Android 2.1 'will start to roll out this week' -- Engadget

We knew Android 2.1 was coming for the Droid, but we'll confess -- we didn't expect it to come this soon. Motorola is now reporting via its official Facebook page that it's "happy to relay the 2.1 upgrade to Droid will start to roll out this week," going on to tease that it "will have more information to share on other device upgrades later." There's no detail on what the Droid update will entail or whether it'll roll out to every user this week (we doubt it), but by all indications, this is a promising sign that Moto's keeping the pedal to the metal, we'd say.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
From Endgadget:

Motorola: Droid update to Android 2.1 'will start to roll out this week' -- Engadget

We knew Android 2.1 was coming for the Droid, but we'll confess -- we didn't expect it to come this soon. Motorola is now reporting via its official Facebook page that it's "happy to relay the 2.1 upgrade to Droid will start to roll out this week," going on to tease that it "will have more information to share on other device upgrades later." There's no detail on what the Droid update will entail or whether it'll roll out to every user this week (we doubt it), but by all indications, this is a promising sign that Moto's keeping the pedal to the metal, we'd say.

Oh well looks like this might be the official release after all :\ I was kinda looking forward to sticking my finger in a virtual puddle lol!

OP
S

sin vicious

Reaction score
2.1 News.... it's just that... news, nothing official :)

I feel like News, by definition, is supposed to be true. Unless of course you get your news from Fox News haha
you opened a can of worms buddy.. i happen to think fox is pretty fair, not perfect by any means but much more fair.... I suppose shows on MSNBC and CNN is far more balanced? News is information.. and I simply put out information from tech a site that claimed to have info..

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The animated wallpaper I would have liked to get but when it comes down to it it's just a battery eater.

But they better get me 5 screens or I'll blow my top.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Administrator

Not only is it policy but it has been stated several times. No politics I enjoy this forum great place for news on our droids
But in this short thread there are 2 politcal comments that have nothing to do with the droid or this news.

Please announce again because i do not want to read through 50 pages of political agument to hear hey i got my 2.1 oh wait its still 2.01 now thats the fun stuff.

This is a place to realx and concentrate on our phones that have nothing to do with whats going on in the world, no worries about taxes , unemployment etc. there are millions of news sites for that, thats why im here!
Thank You

iPirate

Reaction score
From Endgadget:

Oh well looks like this might be the official release after all :\ I was kinda looking forward to sticking my finger in a virtual puddle lol!
motorola didnt say the droid would get some weird half ass mutation of 2.1, Engadget did.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
From Endgadget:

motorola didnt say the droid would get some weird half ass mutation of 2.1, Engadget did.

True, I guess will have to wait and see! Now I'm semi-excited lol:icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As soon as someone of the forum receives it we'll all know what 2.1 is about.