Droid's Android 2.1 Update: Full of Multitouch (and Some Disappointment)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by wickedgrip, Feb 8, 2010.

1. kbatrph

kbatrph Guest

i stopped in to the local Verizon store today....they are saying April is the tentative release date for Android 2.1......supposedly Flash Player will be included, but i don't believe anything these people say
  2. johall07

johall07 New Member

i was in yesterday and the guy had no idea lol stupid verizon....i also asked the guy working there to see his droid then i showed him mine with all the customizations and such and he tried to tell me he could do the same things and failed miserably
  3. big.daddy

big.daddy New Member

as it stands this moment, i feel that the android platform is the best out there in terms of use and customization. BUT, with all the fragmentation of the os's, and the limitations of the droids (motorola) hardware, i dont think the droid will get another update past 2.1 (maybe minor updates). Because of this and MY rare use of the physical keyboard, i am considering selling my Droid and getting something with a little more power. I do have my phone overclocked but, i dont feel safe going over 800 when the phone is only rated at 550-600. So far it is the best phone i have had but, i never expected it to be "old news" so fast.
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

5. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member Premium Member

used a nexus one today and reading the new motorola screw yeah, nexus one here i come. if moto really leaves so much out, ill get a n1, my girl can have my droid. love my droid but the i hate motorola and decide to go with them one more time and seems there gonna do it again.
  6. get quad

get quad New Member

Motorola has made me a one-time buyer as well.
  7. LrdElderon

LrdElderon New Member

well I can't tell you what to do or anything and it prob will lessen the overall life of the device to overclock, but quite a few people are able hit the 1+ghz range perfectly stable. if we had full support of the gpu (which I'm not sure we do in the oc kernels) we are basically on an equal or faster footing then the nexus at stock.

the droid isn't going anywhere anytime soon. the nexus is a nice phone but it's not that much better. It's certainly not worth ditching the droid for imo. personally I'd wait for the next generation of android phones to start coming out maybe some with the new cortex 9 dual cores or tegra or something =)
  8. Nathan801

Nathan801 New Member

Dual core in a mobile device, never thought i would see the day but its right around the corner. My first desktop clocked at .336 and it was considered good. haha

But it seems to me that Moto should have taken the extra time to make sure the Droid had the hardware necessary to keep up with the phone they knew google was going to launch two months later. I know the droid is by no means a slow phone, but it would have made porting 2.1 much easier. It just seems like alot of time and effort was put into the phone only to be outdone in two months time (by almost double the processing power).