DROID X2 Pictures and Specs Surface: Dual-core Processor, 1GB RAM, and qHD Screen

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
DROID X2 Pictures and Specs Surface: Dual-core Processor, 1GB RAM, and qHD Screen Included

The 2011 DROID line-up would include a freshly upgraded DROID X2 powered by a dual-core Tegra 2 processor,

The phone won’t have a front facing camera, but will have that dual-core power, 1GB RAM, qHD screen and the new Blur that we’ve seen on the BIONIC. It looks like a beast, but the lack of a front camera is a little frustrating. I guess Verizon won’t be including them in any of their non-4G phones? And how could this phone have more RAM than the BIONIC?
Other specs:

• NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core 1GHz processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • QHD LCD Display - 540 x 960 Resolution (Same as Motorola Bionic)
  • 3G Only – No LTE/4G
  • 8MP Rear Facing Camera (No Front Cam)
  • Froyo (Android 2.2) – Could get Gingerbread (Adnroid 2.3) before launch
  • New Moto Blur (Same as Droid Bionic)
  • FM Radio
  • Locked/Encrypted BootLoader
  • Launch in Q2 of 2011
  • No Hardware Camera button
Full gallery.

by Kellex

DX2_1-150x150.jpg
DX2_10-150x150.jpg
DX2_13-150x150.jpg
DX2_18-150x150.jpg
DX2_2-150x150.jpg
DX2_3-150x150.jpg
DX2_6-150x150.jpg
DX2_8-150x150.jpg

Source: Droid Life Via: The Mobi Zone

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
These manufacturers always amaze me. They will NEVER give you the "perfect" phone : )

"Hey lets put 1GB of RAM in it!"

"Sounds great!!)

"Ok so what do we take out then?"

"I'm thinking a front facing camera and LTE capabilities"

"I'll go with that."

It's very frustrating to say the least. I'm growing tired of the games the manufacturers/carriers play with the consumer. I mean I'm not a fan of a FFC, I have no use for it but a lot of consumers want that option so why not just throw it in. Rhetorical question : ) Very frustrating.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I guess this still lockdown of devices is motorolas retraction of their statement about working with devs...

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
These manufacturers always amaze me. They will NEVER give you the "perfect" phone : )

"Sounds great!!)

"I'll go with that."

Let's not forget about removing the physical camera button....

Reaction score
if the No LTE/4G was a killer, then the absence of a front facing camera nailed the coffin shut. SMH such potential

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

"Sounds great!!)

"I'll go with that."

Yea, they took away the "enter" button!

cpjr

Reaction score
Im glad they removed the camera button, on my X the button always takes bad pics, while the on-screen button works perfectly.

This sounds like a nice update to the X.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
if the No LTE/4G was a killer, then the absence of a front facing camera nailed the coffin shut. SMH such potential

I think it could do well for those that do not want to pay the 4G prices... FFC is only good if you have someone else with it. The FFC is not a big thing for me. But I am still going to wait for the Bionic.. I might get this phone....

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

"Sounds great!!)

"I'll go with that."

Yea, they took away the "enter" button!

^Except for as stated, using it in recovery :)

That is exactly what I was saying. Guess you don't have to worry about rooting the DX2....they fixed that permanently

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
So....as stated before....I am back to waiting for the D3....you know....the rootable one.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

Took the words right out of my mouth. I blame it on some mythical price point they've determined to be the sweet spot. So it boils down to not offering a fully loaded phone because they think it would be priced out of the market.

Either that, or we are very close to the hardware being commoditized to the point you can't differentiate on specs. They're going to squeeze one, maybe two more annual upgrades out of us.

So now we have the Playstation phone, and I'm wondering when we get a phone geared to the photography enthusiasts with better camera/video recording capabilities. Seems the one area the hardware is still a bit lacking. I think there's a good bit of untapped potential there.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think it could do well for those that do not want to pay the 4G prices...

No indication that LTE is going to cost more for data, nor did I really expect them to bump prices. LTE phones will probably cost a bit more, but I'm not sure the hardware itself costs much more, it's just VZW and the mfr gouging the consumer. In that regard, you're correct that 2/3 of the market doesn't have LTE and won't want to pay an extra $50 for that feature, but it probably doesn't cost the mfr anywhere near $50 more so it's pretty arbitrary.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
So....as stated before....I am back to waiting for the D3....you know....the rootable one.

This may not be too far fetched since early rumor shows it to be vanilla android. What better way to commemorate the Droid 1 than going back to its roots. No pun intended.

Droid-->Ether-->This Thread