DROID X2 Pictures and Specs Surface: Dual-core Processor, 1GB RAM, and qHD Screen

joker402

Reaction score
I would get the x2 or bionic,sofar it looks like 4g data will be the same price as 3g and of that's the case the bionic is a winner.
curious if i should get the droid x or is it worth the droid x2 when im able to upgrade soon

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would get the x2 or bionic,sofar it looks like 4g data will be the same price as 3g and of that's the case the bionic is a winner.

Right, although it does look like they are charging an extra $50 for LTE phones. Maybe they do cost more to make, but that's at least a sneaky way to charge you more (so they subsidize less) for LTE eventhough the data price remains the same.

DanSan

Reaction score
curious if i should get the droid x or is it worth the droid x2 when im able to upgrade soon

i would get the bionic but i have no idea when ill have 4g in my area. and im not paying extra for a service if i cant use it.

joker402

Reaction score

i would get the bionic but i have no idea when ill have 4g in my area. and im not paying extra for a service if i cant use it.
from the looks of it you wont have to pay for it, it will be the same as it is now, a good example is the data cards that are 4g.

on an insider not, no training has poped up for the 4g smartphone data packs but we have no knocked out the thuderbolt training and if there was a change or new charge it would of popped up by now.

the only down side, like the poster before me is that the phones might cost more, but im sure preimum retilers (like me) and autorized dealers will offer better pricing ( you should see the sale we got going on cus of no iphone in our store, to bad verizon has us locked down when it comes to advertising)

DanSan

Reaction score

from the looks of it you wont have to pay for it, it will be the same as it is now, a good example is the data cards that are 4g.

on an insider not, no training has poped up for the 4g smartphone data packs but we have no knocked out the thuderbolt training and if there was a change or new charge it would of popped up by now.

the only down side, like the poster before me is that the phones might cost more, but im sure preimum retilers (like me) and autorized dealers will offer better pricing ( you should see the sale we got going on cus of no iphone in our store, to bad verizon has us locked down when it comes to advertising)

yea im not worried about the phone itself. ive got good friends who work at corporate verizon and premium retailers so they could get me good deals. the deal breaker is the price of the data plans and such

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the Galaxy S 2 having 1GB Ram, the Droid X2 having it...Motorola would be insane to not put 1GB in the Bionic...

I know one thing, for me its gonna be a harder choice for my next phone. I may just keep what I have now cuz by the time I decide what I wanna get it will be Summer 2012....

GDP

Reaction score
So they are leaving that huge bulge in for the camera? Really?

No thank you

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Hmmm

Pro's
1gb ram
4.3" screen QHD

Con's
No camera button
locked down
No FFC
froyo (maybe not by release)

I could care less about LTE, I don't have it here and prolly won't for years...

So for me more cons, HTC lets see your dual core summer releases...

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Dual core is a pro too but locked down is still my biggest issue with moto...

piquat

Reaction score
And guess what? MOTO can't wait until you buy it! :)
They can't wait to succeed in their 'Droid X2 having LESS than the Droid X or not being so much greater than it and still have it sell' creation plan.

if the No LTE/4G was a killer, then the absence of a front facing camera nailed the coffin shut. SMH such potential

I think it could do well for those that do not want to pay the 4G prices... FFC is only good if you have someone else with it. The FFC is not a big thing for me. But I am still going to wait for the Bionic.. I am might get this phone....

More and more come around. It's like watching consumers see the light for the first time. Well, not Apple consumers, they'll always buy the name not caring if they ACTUALLY HAVE the latest and greatest.

Android buyers, actually know what a dual core cpu is. They can tell, most of them anyway, that adding a button or removing a bulge is fluff. That kind of fluff works to sell iPhones. I don't think getting people to upgrade mid-contract is going to be as easy with this crowd.

huskur

Reaction score
Looks like the Thunderbolt or the Bionic for me. No 4G is an epic fail for the X2 if that is the case

cpjr

Reaction score
And guess what? MOTO can't wait until you buy it! :)
They can't wait to succeed in their 'Droid X2 having LESS than the Droid X or not being so much greater than it and still have it sell' creation plan.

I think it could do well for those that do not want to pay the 4G prices... FFC is only good if you have someone else with it. The FFC is not a big thing for me. But I am still going to wait for the Bionic.. I am might get this phone....

More and more come around. It's like watching consumers see the light for the first time. Well, not Apple consumers, they'll always buy the name not caring if they ACTUALLY HAVE the latest and greatest.

Android buyers, actually know what a dual core cpu is. They can tell, most of them anyway, that adding a button or removing a bulge is fluff. That kind of fluff works to sell iPhones. I don't think getting people to upgrade mid-contract is going to be as easy with this crowd.

Why does every discussion have to be turned into "I hate apple and the iphone"?? Seriously, this has NOTHING to do with Apple or their products.....lets grow up people.

mwaters33

Reaction score
It's the same with everything put on the market, but as long as people run out and buy the newest models (just because it's new) they'll continue to offer less than what we could be getting. Until consumers change, we get to pick from the junk.

Why do people hate apple? I do too, but can't think of why...