Motorola LTE Handset Appears With qHD Super AMOLED Display

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Sources over at This Is My Next have stated this new device may be the Motorola Spyder or the Droid RAZR or possibly the previously rumored Droid HD. Whatever the name it has a first-of-its-kind 4.3-inch, 960 x 540 qHD Super AMOLED display. Also rumored to have a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, an 8 megapixel, 1080p rear-facing camera and HD front-facing camera, as well as Moto’s Webtop environment. And is apparently outfitted in Gorilla Glass and Kevlar. What's more, the phone's got a couple of accessories on board, including a laptop dock called the Lapdock 100.

spyder-3.jpg
spyder-2lead1.jpg
spyder-1.jpg

Source: This Is My Next via Engadget

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Now that it has a Samsung display the only thing left to do is put a Samsung camera and maybe processor and we have a winner .

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Definitely interested in that. But I don't know that I will wait much past mid-October to upgrade. Although it seems like a number of powerful beasts will be out in Oct/Nov in addition to the Bionic and I'm tempted to choose the best one based on display and camera. That seems to be the two biggest knocks on the Bionic, and while I don't know that it will matter to me it certainly gives you pause.

solution

Reaction score
Omg this is crazy im at the vzw store now to exchange this bionic (dead picked) and I just happen to check DF.. im on the very last day to cancel my contract.. oh man now I have to think about this.. HELP!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Omg this is crazy im at the vzw store now to exchange this bionic (dead picked) and I just happen to check DF.. im on the very last day to cancel my contract.. oh man now I have to think about this.. HELP!!

LOL Sorry

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Pretty cool. An HD FFC? Interesting.

Though, I don't know if I'd give it the razr name. To me a Razr phone has got to be thin and I doubt anything released with a 1st gen LTE equipment is going to be thin. I'll be interested to see how this all pans out. But I have a Bionic and I'm cool with it.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Pretty cool. An HD FFC? Interesting.

Though, I don't know if I'd give it the razr name. To me a Razr phone has got to be thin and I doubt anything released with a 1st gen LTE equipment is going to be thin. I'll be interested to see how this all pans out. But I have a Bionic and I'm cool with it.

Its going to be nearly as thin as the GSII. Defiantly no thicker than 9mm. I consider that very thin.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Now that it has a Samsung display the only thing left to do is put a Samsung camera and maybe processor and we have a winner .

Just don't let Samsung build it. If Samsung builds it, the device will feel like a child's toy and will get software updates once every 15 months.

ABQNM

Reaction score

I wouldn't bet on seeing this before the holidays though. Maybe not even this year... Then again, a holiday release may happen since Moto finally figure out how to get LTE to work with the Bionic 17.0.

That said, this thing looks sick and I want one.

IanG

Reaction score
If this phone is on the Verizon network I'm going to lose it. Droid Bionic, hyped for months with tons of advertising... just to be bested by a phone a month or two later from the same company? :censored:

ABQNM

Reaction score
Unfortunately that is the smart phone game right now with Android. Android is the king, so devices have to dominate to keep the manufacturers competitive. That is the only upside for Apple - at least you know that a new device will only come out about once a year. Had the Bionic made it out by the end of Q2 as planned, I would be rocking one for sure right now. Since it came out so late, I figured it was close enough to just wait for the holidays. With all the rumored Verizon devices out there, at least one is bound to be awesome. And since Verizon sent me a Droid Incredible 2 to replace my Droid X in July, I now have a new toy to hold me for a while. I loved the X, but not going to refuse the chance to take a newer phone for a spin for a few months until I decide on my next superphone.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
what interest me is the use of gorilla glass and kevlar..
overall great looking phone