[Rumor] Motorola Droid X2 May have Lower Specs than Originally Thought

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-x2.jpg

Previously, we reported some leaked pics and specs for the Motorola Droid X2 that is coming in Q2. Unfortunately, new industry intelligence indicates that the specs are a bit lower than originally thought. Sources from Engadget suggest that the new Droid X2 will not come with a dual-core processor, 1GB of Ram, and an enhanced screen, but instead will only be a refresh of the current model. It's new specs will be a 1.2GHz single-core cpu, 768MB Ram, and the same screen it currently has. It still will not come with LTE/4G support, and it is still due to be released in the second quarter.

Personally, I hope Preach2k's original report turns out to be accurate and that this new info is false.

Source: Android.net via Engadget

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Seriously. Stop making awesome phones, and then trying to profit by making another version that isnt really any better.

mjforte

Reaction score
That is a sorry excuse of an upgrade. They should't call it DX2 but more like 1.5

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... don't get too wound up folks, it's still just rumor.

only time will tell.

mjforte

Reaction score
Wonder if this is Verizon's doing? Not wanting too many high end phones better than iPhone?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, like someone else said, it may not make sense to have equal or better specs than the Bionic. People in 3G areas can purchase and use the Bionic just fine.

But the Bionic will probably be $300 on 2-yr contract. This teeny-tiny refresh on the DX lets them put something out there to hold the $199 price point.

Purely a guess, and we'll see what the real specs are. It is funny though that this will have more ram than the Bionic. How much more would it really have cost them to bump the ram in the Bionic? Bionic would be my perfect phone if it had 1 gig ram.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
Well, like someone else said, it may not make sense to have equal or better specs than the Bionic. People in 3G areas can purchase and use the Bionic just fine.

But the Bionic will probably be $300 on 2-yr contract. This teeny-tiny refresh on the DX lets them put something out there to hold the $199 price point.

Purely a guess, and we'll see what the real specs are. It is funny though that this will have more ram than the Bionic. How much more would it really have cost them to bump the ram in the Bionic? Bionic would be my perfect phone if it had 1 gig ram.

bionic is dual core 512 though...so once theirs apps that run using the dual core, it'll be quicker than the 768 x2

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
bionic is dual core 512 though...so once theirs apps that run using the dual core, it'll be quicker than the 768 x2

Not when you have to wait for it to kill apps and load new ones into memory from the SD because it doesn't have enough #$%#@ ram.

Detonation

Reaction score
Shortly after they release this, they will discontinue and then re-release it as the DX2 Global.

Three phones for the R&D cost of one!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lets allow it to play out, but right now the TB is looking better and better.