DROID X2 Pictures and Specs Surface: Dual-core Processor, 1GB RAM, and qHD Screen

cpjr

Reaction score
Let's not forget about removing the physical camera button....

Yea, they took away the "enter" button!

^Except for as stated, using it in recovery :)

That is exactly what I was saying. Guess you don't have to worry about rooting the DX2....they fixed that permanently

Naw, that doesnt mean anything....recovery commands can be changed. We use it on the Incredible (for example) with no camera button.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
So....as stated before....I am back to waiting for the D3....you know....the rootable one.

This may not be too far fetched since early rumor shows it to be vanilla android. What better way to commemorate the Droid 1 than going back to its roots. No pun intended.

Droid-->Ether-->This Thread

ah come on.....that was a good pun:icon_ banana:

The X!

Reaction score
That's technology for ya...how else will these money hungry people make their profit!? Wanna know WHY they won't change their bad habits of giving the world 1-2 stupid upgrades per release? Because there are many stupid people who give in to the ONE addition...instead of waiting for something better. There was an iPhone which didn't have none of the new technologies that other phones had already...and people STILL went and bought that iPhone..THEN, after a year later, those OLD features were NEW on the iPhone..and people went ahead and purchased that iPhone (still in contract) at retail price...APPLE and other companies LOVE suckers.

These manufacturers always amaze me. They will NEVER give you the "perfect" phone : )

"Hey lets put 1GB of RAM in it!"

"Sounds great!!)

"Ok so what do we take out then?"

"I'm thinking a front facing camera and LTE capabilities"

"I'll go with that."

It's very frustrating to say the least. I'm growing tired of the games the manufacturers/carriers play with the consumer. I mean I'm not a fan of a FFC, I have no use for it but a lot of consumers want that option so why not just throw it in. Rhetorical question : ) Very frustrating.

The X!

Reaction score
And guess what? MOTO can't wait until you buy it! :)
They can't wait to succeed in their 'Droid X2 having LESS than the Droid X or not being so much greater than it and still have it sell' creation plan.

if the No LTE/4G was a killer, then the absence of a front facing camera nailed the coffin shut. SMH such potential

I think it could do well for those that do not want to pay the 4G prices... FFC is only good if you have someone else with it. The FFC is not a big thing for me. But I am still going to wait for the Bionic.. I am might get this phone....

The X!

Reaction score
You can go ahead and not believe this but these companies have so much potential...the photo capturing is probably at 15-20 Megapixels..and the video capability is probably AMAZING...But, like I said before, they are all about PROFIT...they can't let the money spenders have the BEST all at once!

These manufacturers always amaze me. They will NEVER give you the "perfect" phone : )

Took the words right out of my mouth. I blame it on some mythical price point they've determined to be the sweet spot. So it boils down to not offering a fully loaded phone because they think it would be priced out of the market.

Either that, or we are very close to the hardware being commoditized to the point you can't differentiate on specs. They're going to squeeze one, maybe two more annual upgrades out of us.

So now we have the Playstation phone, and I'm wondering when we get a phone geared to the photography enthusiasts with better camera/video recording capabilities. Seems the one area the hardware is still a bit lacking. I think there's a good bit of untapped potential there.

pizza3

Reaction score
Why?

Call me obtuse. It seems that the X2 and the Bionic are almost identical in almost every way except that the B will be LTE compatible. Tell me again why I need LTE. I don't play online games. Don't download music, videos or movies. I hear it will make my web surfing a smidgen faster if that. It looks like the X2 will be available sooner, it may be cheaper and even though LTE is available now where I live I wouldn't pay a nickel a year for it. Down the line somewhere VZW will find a way to charge me extra whether or not I want it or use it just because my phone is capable of using it. It makes me wonder why they are even putting out the B at all. Educate me!

jbdow

Reaction score
right after i bought my first smartphone, my d2g, i posted here that it would be
at least a year, if not closer to two, before things advanced enough for me to want to upgrade. It looks to me like we've reached a sort of plateau as hinted at in earlier posts. Maybe a better camera here, a faster chip there, lte, etc. The jump in tech over the
past two years seems bigger and more significant to me than what i can see coming.
been good to read this thread,

r, john

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think that plateau was the D1/Dinc generation. Hopefully one of these upcoming sets will be a breakthrough.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The plateau will be reached when you have something capable of replacing the guts of your laptop, something in the neigborhood of 1.5ghz dual core and probably 2gigs ram, and then the OS has to get there. At that point, the Atrix lapdock becomes much more than a novelty.

Dual core and LTE is a leap, make no mistake. LTE alone is about 12X faster than 3G, and the dual cores are going to blow away the single core in terms of rendering and loading pages. The browsing experience will be comparable to a home PC on broadband, which is to say no comparison with the single core 3G phones.

cpjr

Reaction score
And thats right now.....none of this was imaginable 5 years ago.

Now imagine 5 years from now ;) I honestly dont know if we will see any type of plateau.

craigboy

Reaction score

Now imagine 5 years from now ;) I honestly dont know if we will see any type of plateau.

This is very true. One thing I predict is total memory will reach levels that will make limiting what files you put on your phone non-existent. In otherwords tarabytes worth of storage on your phone will be common.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

Heck of a lot of stuff that can be put in, stuff we haven't thought of. The NFC or whatever isn't something I really thought about. The PC-like tech may be reaching a plateau, but a slew of other things we probably can't even imagine.

What about extra slots for special security chips to control your home alarm and garage door?

They have the potential to replace almost every little device you can think of, from cameras to cable remotes, and credit cards to car keys.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is very true. One thing I predict is total memory will reach levels that will make limiting what files you put on your phone non-existent. In otherwords tarabytes worth of storage on your phone will be common.

Yeah, I'd love to be able to back-up my PC on an encrypted folder on my phone - online storage costs money!

MrSinister1

Reaction score

"Hey lets put 1GB of RAM in it!"

"Sounds great!!)

"Ok so what do we take out then?"

"I'm thinking a front facing camera and LTE capabilities"

"I'll go with that."

It's very frustrating to say the least. I'm growing tired of the games the manufacturers/carriers play with the consumer. I mean I'm not a fan of a FFC, I have no use for it but a lot of consumers want that option so why not just throw it in. Rhetorical question : ) Very frustrating.

I could not agree more with you CK its amazing to me when they remove features customers want or don't include features customers want, and then mix and match feat. it just doesn't make any since. I want an FFC and 4g so this is a no for me. I'm leaning more towards the bionic or verizons version of the Atrix or whatever else might come along that tickles my fancy, I'm really interested in purchasing my first HTC this year if Verizon can get a dual-core 4g feature rich phone from HTC I'm gonna be all over it. I would be interested in something from Sammy but they are terrible with the updates so thats not gonna happen, for me it's either Moto or HTC and I don't care for the way Moto is treating the MOD community. Give me my perfect phone and I'll pay for it!!! If you look at the Sony NGP(the successor to the psp for you non-gamers) Here Are The Full Specs For Sony's NGP - News - www.GameInformer.com that was recently announced, I know its gonna be expensive but the things got every freaking feature you could think of, its like a PS3 in your pocket and I couldn't be more excited for it regardless of the cost, along with the Nintendo 3DS which I already have pre-ordered and I'll gladly pay the high prices for the feat. I want and I can always wait until it gets marked down if need be.