Droid X vs Droid 2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think you have to swap. You can just return the D2, wait a few days, and then get the TB. I'm sure if you tell them you want to wait for the TB they will accommodate you.

Or wait a little longer and get the D3
Sent from a Liberated Droid 2 using the DF app.

That could be quite a while. The rumor is q2 which makes me think q3 or 4 is more likely.

tappin and a talkin

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That could be quite a while. The rumor is q2 which makes me think q3 or 4 is more likely.

Yep....There's already a cue of phones ahead, including 3 more LTE devices (Bionic, an LG and forget the 3rd) plus the IP5 in late June or so. I don't think there's any way we'll see the DX2 or D3 before July/August.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am currently holding out for the D3. I loved my D1....love my D2 even more....gotta try the D3...it's gonna be dualcore :D

AliasOther

Reaction score
Spaz33

I got my droid x in september 2010. I paid for the hotpot until last month before the 2.3.340 update.

I stopped because my friend showed me his rooted DX. He's in chicago and I am in atlanta.

I also do not really know how to use a pc anymore. So when using my sons netbook to root But I can't get IT to do so.

ALL I WANT IS WIRELESS TETHER TO MY MACBOOKS.

I tried visionary. Didn't Work.
I can't find the zroot Files on the pc thingy.

I wish there were local people I could pay to show me. Windows or OS X.
I have been on macs since 1997.

UpClose Media on the go with Verizon.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Spaz, did you just recently change your avatar? Looks different somehow. :)

-Mike

Ya I changed it last night. Basically the same guy but more cartoony and a cigar instead of a cigarette.

I almost went with this one though
aefe2078-037b-4e2a.jpg

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Spaz33

I got my droid x in september 2010. I paid for the hotpot until last month before the 2.3.340 update.

I stopped because my friend showed me his rooted DX. He's in chicago and I am in atlanta.

I also do not really know how to use a pc anymore. So when using my sons netbook to root But I can't get IT to do so.

ALL I WANT IS WIRELESS TETHER TO MY MACBOOKS.

I tried visionary. Didn't Work.
I can't find the zroot Files on the pc thingy.

I wish there were local people I could pay to show me. Windows or OS X.
I have been on macs since 1997.

UpClose Media on the go with Verizon.

If you just want to root, use your phones browser and google z4root apk

When you find a download link, download it on to your sd card, and find and instal it using the stock file browser. Once its installe open it and hit permanent root.

tappin and a talkin

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

-Mike

Ya I changed it last night. Basically the same guy but more cartoony and a cigar instead of a cigarette.

{snip}

tappin and a talkin

LOL - I *thought* there was a difference! I like the new guy better, except for the cigar. I'm a cigarette smoker, myself. :)

-Mike

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

-Mike

{snip}

tappin and a talkin

LOL - I *thought* there was a difference! I like the new guy better, except for the cigar. I'm a cigarette smoker, myself. :)

-Mike

I'm a cigarette smoker to but I liked the position and style of thus guys head more

tappin and a talkin

OP
H
Reaction score
Is the HTC Thunderbolt still the best choice, even when I live in an area that doesn't have 4G?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is the HTC Thunderbolt still the best choice, even when I live in an area that doesn't have 4G?

Well its still going to be a solid device and if you're thinking about hacking the phone even for a second then ya I would surely go with it. If you're not all that concerned with hacking then you can probably just save some cash and get an x.

tappin and a talkin

OP
H
Reaction score

Well its still going to be a solid device and if you're thinking about hacking the phone even for a second then ya I would surely go with it. If you're not all that concerned with hacking then you can probably just save some cash and get an x.

tappin and a talkin

But will have compatibility issues living in a 3G network area on a 4G phone?

OP
H
Reaction score
No it is capable of operating on either 3 or 4g

tappin and a talkin

Ok, just wanted to make sure. Now another question. I know Sprint charges an extra 10 dollars a month for 4G, will Verizon be doing something similar, do you know?