Droid X vs Droid 2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I haven't been keeping up on the pricing, so I can't really attest to that. I also don't know what they would do if you couldn't actually use it in your area.

tappin and a talkin

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Is the HTC Thunderbolt still the best choice, even when I live in an area that doesn't have 4G?

Well its still going to be a solid device and if you're thinking about hacking the phone even for a second then ya I would surely go with it. If you're not all that concerned with hacking then you can probably just save some cash and get an x.

tappin and a talkin

Spaz, I don't think the Droid X is difficult to root. If he is interested in rooting right away, the DX may be the way to go - fairly easy rooting AND a decent variety of roms/themes to choose from. The HTC Thunderbolt will be my next phone, but (for me) that's late summer/early fall. In the meantime, I think the DX is a fantastic phone to have and use - the favorite of my three android phones.

-Mike

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is the HTC Thunderbolt still the best choice, even when I live in an area that doesn't have 4G?

Well its still going to be a solid device and if you're thinking about hacking the phone even for a second then ya I would surely go with it. If you're not all that concerned with hacking then you can probably just save some cash and get an x.

tappin and a talkin

Spaz, I don't think the Droid X is difficult to root. If he is interested in rooting right away, the DX may be the way to go - fairly easy rooting AND a decent variety of roms/themes to choose from. The HTC Thunderbolt will be my next phone, but (for me) that's late summer/early fall. In the meantime, I think the DX is a fantastic phone to have and use - the favorite of my three android phones.

-Mike

The dx is for sure easy to root. All I meant by it was that the thunderbolt will be more hackable seeing as recent news has shown that it is already rooted and has an unlocked bootloader. So you've got unofficial updates forever.

tappin and a talkin

Gritwater

Reaction score
People often ask me why I chose a d2 over a dx and I tell them ''for the same reason I don't use a tampon''

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk

AliasOther

Reaction score
Is it possible to unroot the phone after perm root? Like if i drop it, breaking the screen or its starts acting strange i may need to trade it for a new/refurb.

You know i want to hide it so they don't say that my new every2 is voided or esurion says you gotta pay full retail cause you rooted.

I am trying this tonight.

FC127

Reaction score
Is it possible to unroot the phone after perm root? Like if i drop it, breaking the screen or its starts acting strange i may need to trade it for a new/refurb.

You know i want to hide it so they don't say that my new every2 is voided or esurion says you gotta pay full retail cause you rooted.

I am trying this tonight.

Yes, the temporary root is only effective until the next reboot. Permanent root can be undone

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

AliasOther

Reaction score
hey I did it.... yep...
I got the file to the phone...
opened it....
it asked for me to allow unknown sources....
It opened with a choice for Temp root or perm root....
I decided to try the temp root......
it started running (yeah!!!).....
i got the little spinning gear and a message at the bottom saying running exploit....

then i got excited and the ball stop spinning and message stayed there. Now i can't turn the phone off with the power button and i am worried about stopping the process.

This is awesomeful:-(

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just pull the battery and start it again. Oh and you want permanent. It's still reversible.

tappin and a talkin

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have a d2g and love it.... its easy to root also (z4root is one click), now all of the d2 roms work on them (sensors dont but its not that bad of a problem). Battery life is kinda meh but I've heard of worse. Personally, ivcamt imagine not having a hardware keyboard (same with arrow keys.... I have big fingers so kinda hard to get exactly where i want to click sometimes)

Sent from my Liberated D2G

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Just pull the battery and start it again. Oh and you want permanent. It's still reversible.

tappin and a talkin

Spaz is right, it's just a case of starting over after a battery pull. BTW, you no longer have the ability (after rooting) to launch ICBM ballistic missiles with your phone. The developer removed that feature, as he thought it might be abused. :)

-Mike

AliasOther

Reaction score
YEAHP. It worked like a charm.

Should i be installing safeguards or does it matter?
I can use my mac anywhere now.I just got wireless tether for rooted droid.

Sorry to be a mini high-jacker of the thread. It was my 1st from phone post.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good deal. You don't really need to worry about anything until you start thinking about new roms, if you get to that point. Just be careful of what permissions apps are asking for since you can grant them more now.

tappin and a talkin

nybadboy11

Reaction score
thunderbolt

Whats this thunderbolt all about ? Is it better than the x do yall think?