Droid X vs Droid 2

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Whats this thunderbolt all about ? Is it better than the x do yall think?

Hard to say, as that question is highly subjective. The HTC Thunderbolt is a very impressive phone, and will be my next purchase - but later on, in the Summer. For now, the Droid X is my main phone, and I really like it. :)

-Mike

AliasOther

Reaction score
The Droid gets 1.2 in over clock. The thunderbolt gets about 1.5.

The screen has about 10% better clarity.

Other than that its a Droidx. I personally would not consider it an upgraded phone because its not more than 30% better.

Its like choosing between a fully loaded Camry (thunderbolt) and a base model Lexus GS4 (Droidx) which still seems like its fully loaded. Its just not trying to act like it is.

Motorola does real updates. So what ever they make to succeed the Droidx will probably be 50% better than the current one.
HTC doesn't make crap either. They have some hot phones, but their updates are more incremental than Motorola.

The next Droid from motorola hopefully will come with true 720p / 2.0ghz / 32gigs built-in w/a 32+gig microSD slot and a 2400mah stock battery. That would be nice. I don't care if its thicker either. I am slightly more into what it can DO not how fashionable it is.

DONT DO SMALL UPGRADES. I went from a LG EnV Touch to the droid then to DX. Most people don't even use their phones to its full potential and still want to say that they need more.
No one needs more if they are not using what they have to its full potential. More will only give you more to waste.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First line isnt entirely true about the d2g Alias... mine will run up to 1.35 without problems using Jrummy's app.

Personally i dont see what the big deal is with the tb. Yes, its a new phone but like you said its only about 30% better according to the released specs....

Sent from my D2G with GummyJAR

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
For a lot of users on the D1 this is a pretty good upgrade because of LTE. Otherwise, yeah, I don't see how it's that superior to the DX. But if I was upgrading now, it would be the TB.

I have some concerns that they will eventually cap LTE, and since it's different than 3G I have my reservations that you can just pick-up an LTE phone retail or off EBAY and switch to unlimited LTE without changing your contract. Realistically though I do not see changes to unlimited LTE until some time next year when availability is more widespread.

I think a big part is, aside from the Droid Pro and Droid 2 Global released in November, which weren't big hits here, nothing exciting has come out since Jul/Aug or so with the D2, DX and DInc a few months even before that. For all the complaining about too many phones coming out, people don't even have the patience to wait half a year for the phone they really want.