Comparing the 2 to X and Incredible

pdmike

Reaction score
Other than a slide out keyboard, how is the Droid 2 any better than the Incredible or the X?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
internal-droid-family-comparison.png

Gfox33

Reaction score
I have used all of them and Ive basically decided that in my opinion, all of the touch screens were of lesser quality and more difficult to use than the Incredible. The Incredible is just a really well built phone. HTC always makes pretty great phones and they are always of real quality. Considering they only really make high quality smart phones, youd expect it to be well thought out products. Motorola on the other hand, produces hundreds of products, and they arent always of the highest quality. Id take the Incredible over any other droid. My sister went to the store to check out the droid 2 and the X and thought the exact same thing. She said forget it once she couldnt even fit the X in her pocket.

wcjeep

Reaction score
I thought the X was going to be too big. We preferred the bigger screen. The local Verizon Store had two Incredible's on display. One was broke while the other was slow. The three X phones were all quick. Decided to go without the keyboard which eliminated the D2. I've seen conflicting reports on the Samsung GPS problems. I know they just came up with a software fix. Does the fix apply to 2.1 and 2.2? Only 2.1? I hate being the guinea pig.

OP
pdmike

pdmike

Reaction score
I have used all of them and Ive basically decided that in my opinion, all of the touch screens were of lesser quality and more difficult to use than the Incredible. The Incredible is just a really well built phone. HTC always makes pretty great phones and they are always of real quality. Considering they only really make high quality smart phones, youd expect it to be well thought out products. Motorola on the other hand, produces hundreds of products, and they arent always of the highest quality. Id take the Incredible over any other droid. My sister went to the store to check out the droid 2 and the X and thought the exact same thing. She said forget it once she couldnt even fit the X in her pocket.

My pal has an Incredible and he says it's the best. My only concern is, will it be compatible with hands free in my car? I drive an Acura and Acura hasn't fully tested the Incredible yet, so they cannot confirm or deny.

iPirate

Reaction score
Your post about HTC being amazing made me lol. Weren't they having several problems with their screens? I tried to use an incredible about three weeks ago and the screen was unresponsive to every touch so I gave up. The incredible is also just getting 2.2, most of us have had it for 2 weeks.

Droid x is nice but big. I haven't used a Droid 2

turdbogls

Reaction score
i felt just the opposite of the INC....i thought it felt cheap and plastic like. even the one in the store was all busted up, but the OG droid still looked Brand new....and you know that one has been there for more time.

I actually used to be a motorola hater b/c 2 of my motorola phones broke before the 2 year mark (and i am nice to my gadgets) but i have to say, this OG droid is a TANK. pretty much all metal, gorilla glass, hefty, and solid. i love it.