droid x screen protectors? waste of time...

zamslam

Reaction score
Yeah, the moron at Verizon basically said I had to buy the screen protectors from them otherwise I wouldn't get a 25% discount on the dock. I put it on and ripped it off within the first 4 minutes, because like you said, it doesn't cover the whole screen, and I think it looks terrible. I instead went to the Zagg kiosk in the mall and got that full protection. Zagg is the best, I have it on my Droid 1, iPad, , Blackberry, Zune and now my Droid X. I refuse to use anything else.

The gave me the same deal to get the discount on other accessories. They had me get the V anti-glare ones. If I was going to mostly use it outside, I might have left it on, but really hurts the contrast/brightness indoors.

Despoiler

Reaction score
No screen protector for me. It seems to me if you have an event catastrophic enough to scratch Gorilla Glass a plastic protector isn't going to help. I've also found screen protectors reduce the accuracy of the touch screen. They can also make the screen look terrible depending on what one you buy.

soba1

Reaction score
No screen protector for me. It seems to me if you have an event catastrophic enough to scratch Gorilla Glass a plastic protector isn't going to help. I've also found screen protectors reduce the accuracy of the touch screen. They can also make the screen look terrible depending on what one you buy.

I'm going naked as well. I also keep mine in a pouch.
Nothing like the feel of the naked glass

1962 glass could be Corning's next bonanza seller - Yahoo! Finance

Reaction score
Me and my wife both have SGP (Steinheil) screen protectors on ours. They are absolutely incredible! Wife has the anti-glare on hers and I the Ultra Clear. The anti-glare softens the screen slightly, but my wife loves hers. It's saved her butt on a drop once already, if the protector hadn't been on there her screen would have chipped for sure. I have never seen another screen protector as good as the Ultra Clear! Can't even tell that there is a screen protector on it. Look and feel is near identical to the original glass. Super easy to install too.

dragozoid

Reaction score
Screen protectors are mandatory for me when I have a touchscreen device. I don't care how tough the screen is. It's not invincible.

jdroidme84

Reaction score
I started out with a verizon screen protector and it sucked big time. I went to best buy and got a zagg the next day, I like it much better but it still does not fit the entire screen surface even after centering as close to perfect as i could and smoothing it out. Also once in a while i'm not able to run my fingers over the screen very smooth when using swype. I'm interested in the SGP can anyone tell me how they compare to zagg or what they prefer in their opinion.

Garandhero

Reaction score
Can someone provide a few links to the best options for protectors for the X... I am having trouble finding which is the right one...

Thanks!

idroiduser

Reaction score
The Droid X is made with/from/of Gorilla Glass.

I still use a Zagg skin because I would be majorly agitated if I scratched the screen.

Note: I seem to be pretty horrible at putting on the Zagg skin because I can still tell it's there and it never looks as good as a naked screen...but I won't be happy if I scratch it...

Also, if you do go with Zagg.com, sign up for the IPAD giveaway on their site (I know, I know, how could I...) but you get a discount in your email from 30% to 50% which can save some cash for those of you who are cost aware like I am.

I hate the Verizon protectors...they make the screen look like crap.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I started out with a verizon screen protector and it sucked big time. I went to best buy and got a zagg the next day, I like it much better but it still does not fit the entire screen surface even after centering as close to perfect as i could and smoothing it out. Also once in a while i'm not able to run my fingers over the screen very smooth when using swype. I'm interested in the SGP can anyone tell me how they compare to zagg or what they prefer in their opinion.

In my opinion SGP is better then Zagg. In covers more then the Zagg covers. You can get the Crystal Clear or the Anti-fingerprint Matted.
Look at this Video to see how the Anti finger print looks..[video=youtube;zTryWhU5XWs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTryWhU5XWs"]YouTube - sgp antifinger print shields install for the motorola droid X[/video]

And Go here to seethe crystal: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-crystal-screen-protector-install-review.html

Garandhero

Reaction score

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

[video=youtube;coPBVdfR8qA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coPBVdfR8qA"]YouTube - zagg invisible shield for the motorola droid x unboxing (fist look)[/video]

I dont know just saw this video and it doesnt seem to be a very good full body...?? Please advise is there a better product - please link me to where I Can buy it!!

Yes there is a Better product!!!
SGP Incredible Shield 4.0 for MOTOROLA Droid X (Gloss Type Full Body Screen Protection Film Set) [Verizon]

SGP Incredible Shield Matte for MOTOROLA Droid X (Matte Type Full Body Screen Protection Film Set) [Verizon]