droid x changing screen protector too much??

yang.joonyong

Reaction score
Hi, I know it sound ridiculous, but would changing the screen protector too many times damae the screen like as in the respnsiveness of the screen? I had the verizon screen protector and i didnt like it so i bought a cheap screen protector at local verizon store which had rainbow effect so i peeled it off with a day of use. now i am back to verizon one until i get the seidio one that i ordered..so i am just wondering if changing the screen protector too much would cause any kind of problems to the screen..

also!!

is it really safe to wipe or clean the screen with microfiber cloth that they provide you when you buy the protector? I am scared to just wipe my screen with that before installing the protector because im thinking it might cause scratch or something..i know its much much better to install the protector on a clean screen. Like even now, there are alot of dusts and debris between the screen and the protector..><

mac16

Reaction score
No worries man Im the same way. Changing screen protectors shouldnt do anything unless maybe they left some adhesive on the screen. But really, the screen is made out of hardened glass its not going to scratch that easily. My screen protectors havn't come yet and so I have had it naked and have been cleaning it with a microfiber cloth and it works great.

Just get it a little damp then rub it so you get a tiny bit of moisture on the screen. Then use the dry part of the towel to rub out the moisture. Just rub it in a circular motion until all the water is gone and it should be clean. You can also rub it without the water if you want, just keep rubbing until you wipe off the finger prints don't be scared of scratching it this guerilla glass is supposed to be some tough stuff.

Droid_Vader

Reaction score
Hi, I know it sound ridiculous, but would changing the screen protector too many times damae the screen like as in the respnsiveness of the screen? I had the verizon screen protector and i didnt like it so i bought a cheap screen protector at local verizon store which had rainbow effect so i peeled it off with a day of use. now i am back to verizon one until i get the seidio one that i ordered..so i am just wondering if changing the screen protector too much would cause any kind of problems to the screen..

Nah, the screen protectors will do no harm to the screen on the X. I would stay away from the ones Verizon is selling they are really cheap and don't last too long.

also!!

is it really safe to wipe or clean the screen with microfiber cloth that they provide you when you buy the protector? I am scared to just wipe my screen with that before installing the protector because im thinking it might cause scratch or something..i know its much much better to install the protector on a clean screen. Like even now, there are alot of dusts and debris between the screen and the protector..><

I use my T-Shirt to wipe the screen on my DX lol.. I ordered the steinheil screen protector today so I have been rocking my DX naked lol. I don't have a single scratch on my DX and I carry it in my pocket with just a TPU case on it.

mac16

Reaction score

Nah, the screen protectors will do no harm to the screen on the X. I would stay away from the ones Verizon is selling they are really cheap and don't last too long.

also!!

I use my T-Shirt to wipe the screen on my DX lol.. I ordered the steinheil screen protector today so I have been rocking my DX naked lol. I don't have a single scratch on my DX and I carry it in my pocket with just a TPU case on it.

Ya its funny I went to the store and when I left my screen was covered with finger prints. Once I got home I pulled it out and my pants had rubbed off all the finger prints and the screen looked clean as new LOL. I really don't think this phone needs screen protection, but I mean I will use it anyways just incase.

matrix2004

Reaction score
What are the best screen protectors without using the liquid stick ons.

sphen22

Reaction score
Have to post my go naked two cents. Touching glass is so nice

mslinda70

Reaction score
I had ZAGG installed on mine, heard so many good things about Steinheil, i ordered it and loved it, Its the best

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
+1 for Steinheil. It's like it's not even there. I love it.

928quest

Reaction score
Carrying mine in pants pocket with no screen protection. Not one mark after the first month. Me thinks screen protectors are hold overs from the bad old days of resistive touch screens and styluses.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk