droid x screen protectors? waste of time...

713King

Reaction score
I went to the mall because they have a kiosk to install invisible shield and i can tell you that it does not cover the whole front part of the screen it has some parts that were not covered, all the edge part of the screen is not covered, I mean its a small little gap but like someone described it says it covers the whole screen well it doesnt. THe shield starts right on top of the Motorola logo and goes down so it leaves a gap on top and at the bottom and on the sides like it needs to be stretched out.

LouS

Reaction score
I bought a Realook screen protector from Amazon. It's the dry application non-sticky type. $10.99 for a 2-pack with free shipping. Got it in 2 days and I like it. Covers practically all of the front screen and they also include some tiny protectors for the camera. Awesome deal...

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
I don't know, I like the fact it only protects the actually screen and mine has worked great so far, going on a week now with it on, I have zero complaints, screen looks fine with them on.

chetqwerty

Reaction score
Wow! Cant believe no one has mentioned Boxwave! Ive used them on my Omnia, Touch Pro 2, and now the Droid X. You cannot distinguish between the screen surface and the Boxwave protector, smooth as glass. IMO the Zagg protectors just blow! Your finger hops along the surface, feels like rubber. Also, who wants to get their brand new phone all wet just to apply a screen protector. I picked up a pack of the Verizon protectors because Boxwave was out of stock for a week and those things are just silly as others have mentioned. Eighth of an inch short all the way around! No experience with the Steinhal (sp?) but if you want a protector that feels like the actual screen surface Boxwave is the one.

CecilXavier

Reaction score
I've used Zagg invisashield on almost every phone I've owned. 3 times I've had to send a phone in for repair/replacement. 3 times I received a free invisashiled to replace the one that got damaged with the phone. Zagg has a lifetime replacement program. If it's damaged or your phone is damaged you can replace it for free. That's better then free waffle fries. Well, maybe not better the free waffle fries, but pretty close.

wes_harley02

Reaction score
I use Skinomi TechShin for my DX glass. Very smooth and clear. Uses the solution to apply. Lifetime replacements on skin. Maybe 1mm gap on sides and slightly less gap top to bottom. Cost was $10 through Amazon. I did have to call them to get a replacement because the one I got shipped had a 1mm black line in it. Very good cust service. They apologized and I got an email that they shipped the new one within a couple hours.

sphen22

Reaction score
NAKED!!!!! I'm mean we all know we are going to get a new phone in a year or two ne who. For men phones are like purses we got keep getting a new one

jcstarr

Reaction score
I hate the look of a protector on my phone, but to those who say GG will not scratch I call total bullsh*t! I had the original Droid and babied it from the day I received it. After having it for about 8 months I pull it from my pocket one day and notice a chip in the glass as well as a scratch right underneath it. The glass always faced towards my leg when in my pocket, it was never abused... I can only assume it was something in the pants pocket I was wearing or had worn the day before. I have had a protector on my X since day one. I do agree with Sphen22 who says we get new ones every two years, but for the time I carry it I want it to look as badass as the day I got it. My .02.

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I haven't even recieved my X yet buy have a case and stein. crystal waiting.. My D1 got scratches on it while it was naked so my DX will be protected as much as possible..

Sherry
Sent from Droid

DukeofYork

Reaction score
Zagg is garbage.

SGP Steinhell Ultra Crystal or bust.

+1 I use SGP Steinhell Ultra Crystal and is totally unnoticeable and does not have this bad rubbery feeling like all these protectors you apply with the soapy solution.

LouS

Reaction score
You should try the Realook. No water, crystal clear, fits well and it's cheap!