droid x screen protectors? waste of time...

cloutier

Reaction score
even though there's a few threads on here saying you don't need 'em because the gorilla glass is pretty hard to **** up, i decided to try some screen protectors anyways, simply because the smudging gets old after a while, and i'd like less glare, especially when i'm djing.

so i got the protectors that are sold on the verizon website...and they aren't even the full size of the glass on the phone! they only cover the section that you actually use for the touch, so there's actually a gap where the black edge is around that before it hits the actual edge of the phone. that, to me, would seem like it would peel off quite easily.

anyway...save yourself the 15$...i'll be returning mine.

dangerous

Reaction score
even though there's a few threads on here saying you don't need 'em because the gorilla glass is pretty hard to **** up, i decided to try some screen protectors anyways, simply because the smudging gets old after a while, and i'd like less glare, especially when i'm djing.

so i got the protectors that are sold on the verizon website...and they aren't even the full size of the glass on the phone! they only cover the section that you actually use for the touch, so there's actually a gap where the black edge is around that before it hits the actual edge of the phone. that, to me, would seem like it would peel off quite easily.

anyway...save yourself the 15$...i'll be returning mine.

I ripped the VZW protector off after it was on for 2 days. It was Grey and really Sucked. I think BEST BUY has some that are totally Clear. $20 bux. not sure if i want to spend it.

rydizzle

Reaction score
most people on this forum seem to stand behind the Steinheil Ulta Crystal screen protectors. Some say Zagg, or others. I went with the Steinheil based on the reviews. Anyways, anything besides the Verizon ones would be good.

velvet005

Reaction score
I had the verizon protector and hated it. The screen looked dull. I decided to order the Steihnhal (forgive me if I misspelled it) ultra protector because of what others in this forum have recommended. I love it.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've had my droid since November, and I'm fine protecting it with nothing but an empty front pocket.

Folks posted this a while back but its been months since I've seen it.
This looks like some tough stuff here:

[video=youtube;63_UvQBMKG4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63_UvQBMKG4]YouTube - wrapsol ultra 35 mph drag test.m4v[/video]

Droiduga

Reaction score
the Zagg covers the whole screen and I mean the whole thing. You have to position it exactly or part hangs over the edge and catches on things that try to peel it off. I know this from experience!

Biggg72

Reaction score
i bought some off the bay for $6 shipped (5) and i havent had an issue with swipe or touch, and it covers the whole screen including the black border.

bitter

Reaction score
Yeah, the moron at Verizon basically said I had to buy the screen protectors from them otherwise I wouldn't get a 25% discount on the dock. I put it on and ripped it off within the first 4 minutes, because like you said, it doesn't cover the whole screen, and I think it looks terrible. I instead went to the Zagg kiosk in the mall and got that full protection. Zagg is the best, I have it on my Droid 1, iPad, , Blackberry, Zune and now my Droid X. I refuse to use anything else.

dwill74

Reaction score
honestly go to best buy spend the 25 bucks and get ghost armor

intodeep

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting invisible sheild today.

I had not heard of Zagg is it better then invisible sheild or are they comparable?

melonline

Reaction score
I put the invisible Shield by Zagg on my Droid X and as stated it covers the entire screen. The Zagg comes with a spray bottle to clean your Droid X screen and then you lightly mist the shield and position it. Then the squeegee to move bubbles out to the edges. They say let it set for overnight before making a judgment as little bubbles with go away. At first it looked terrible, after letting it set overnight; GREAT! I really like it, no smears, no cleaning. It does have a kind of rubbery feel that I didn't like at first; I was concerned lint would stick to it, but it's great.