Droid X running SUPER slow

cpjr

Reaction score
Your either going to have to reinstall the app and reset it back to stock using the app (stock setting in there) or SBF recovery back to stock.

You gotta take that stuff slow....dont plow straight for the highest setting.

My X for example has been running @ 1.45ghz for 3 days now and SCREAMS...but I went 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.45 to see what it could take, just so happens I can get 1.45 running Rubix 1.0 ROM.

OP
N

NJsFynest

Reaction score
And now its saying that Root access is not detected.

citanes-26

Reaction score
Try downloading the superuser app from the market.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
If its not detecting root then just reroot if you have to, not a big deal.

But trying to get Verizon to pay for your mistake....kinda not cool.

xliderider

Reaction score
You pushed your X too far, it sounds like it is running in "turtle mode" to protect itself from your overzealous attempt to overclock it beyond it's limits.

Do you have a backup that you can restore with, once you get root back?

Edit, a last resort would be to flash it with the 2.2 sbf file to get back to stock. You shouldn't go to Verizon for this problem.

citanes-26

Reaction score
If you can regain root, you can use terminal emulator, run "su" enter "rmmod overclock.ko" and that will remove the overclock module.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
N

NJsFynest

Reaction score
The phone is rooted. And regardless of what anyone says I am going to Verizon and getting another one. Because That seems like the only fix other than that terminal emulator thing. That sounds like it would work.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
All right guys, I dont think a factory reset is gonna work because I have been trying to setup this phone for about 30 minutes now after the factory reboot. It's still extremely slow in the setup process. If I ever get it setup, I'll let you guys know how it behaves.

You have most likely causes serious damage to your CPU.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
The phone is rooted. And regardless of what anyone says I am going to Verizon and getting another one. Because That seems like the only fix other than that terminal emulator thing. That sounds like it would work.

Goodluck with that.

OP
N

NJsFynest

Reaction score

Goodluck with that.

Im definitely getting one. If for whatever reason the reps dont do it for me, I have a friend who works for Verizon that sends me replacement phones directly to my house no questions asked. I do it all the time. My only problem is that I don't feel like waiting for shipping.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score

Goodluck with that.

Im definitely getting one. If for whatever reason the reps dont do it for me, I have a friend who works for Verizon that sends me replacement phones directly to my house no questions asked. I do it all the time. My only problem is that I don't feel like waiting for shipping.

Yeah only problem with that is when you turn the phone in and MOTO takes a look at it they can notify VZW that you had overclocked the phone. Once this is done VZW can Charge you Full price for the replacement DX. OH yeah there is nothing your "friend" can do about this at that point. And yeah when you turn this phone in it is going to be obvious as hell what you did to it. Go ahead take it in to your local VZW store tomorrow and let us know how that works out for you.

cpjr

Reaction score

Goodluck with that.

Wow.....sounds like stealing to me. Personally I would rather just take responsibility for my mistakes, but I guess that sounds crazy to you.