Droid X running SUPER slow

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
The phone is rooted. And regardless of what anyone says I am going to Verizon and getting another one. Because That seems like the only fix other than that terminal emulator thing. That sounds like it would work.

Goodluck with that.

Im definitely getting one. If for whatever reason the reps dont do it for me, I have a friend who works for Verizon that sends me replacement phones directly to my house no questions asked. I do it all the time. My only problem is that I don't feel like waiting for shipping.
keep us updated ;)

OP
N

NJsFynest

Reaction score
Goodluck with that.

Im definitely getting one. If for whatever reason the reps dont do it for me, I have a friend who works for Verizon that sends me replacement phones directly to my house no questions asked. I do it all the time. My only problem is that I don't feel like waiting for shipping.
keep us updated ;)

Will do. (didn't know there was a character minimum for a post, lol)

OP
N

NJsFynest

Reaction score
Completely forgot to update about my status for the few people that are interested. My phone has been working great. I tried the Terminal Emulator thing and it said it failed BUT it no longer clocks at 1450 but at 1100. I keep it at 900 and below though so all is well.

Goodluck with that.

Wow.....sounds like stealing to me. Personally I would rather just take responsibility for my mistakes, but I guess that sounds crazy to you.
How would it be stealing? Sounds more like an exchange. I send them a phone, they send me the same model back.

Goodluck with that.

Yeah only problem with that is when you turn the phone in and MOTO takes a look at it they can notify VZW that you had overclocked the phone. Once this is done VZW can Charge you Full price for the replacement DX. OH yeah there is nothing your "friend" can do about this at that point. And yeah when you turn this phone in it is going to be obvious as hell what you did to it. Go ahead take it in to your local VZW store tomorrow and let us know how that works out for you.

I brought that up to my friend at Verizon and it turns out that when broken phones come in they are sent to a Verizon repair facility. Once Motorola sells phones to Verizon, they dont ever see it again. So they cant notify Verizon about anything, they dont even know I'm a customer. And she confirmed with her higher-ups that there isn't a billing of full price for stuff like that. They just replace the cpu and put it out for sale.

rskap67

Reaction score
I used the overclock app, both of them. All I found is that my phone constantly rebooted and ran like crap after messing around with them so I used my clockwork mod recovery and put my backup rom. Now my phone runs fine, at the stock speed with NO reboots at all. In my opinion I think messing around with that overclocking stuff can only screw up your phone.

OP
N

NJsFynest

Reaction score
Yeah, but I find it hard to believe anyone needing any more than 1ghz. Is 1gig all ready becoming too little?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App