Droid X Overclock (JRummy) Suggestion

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Since I have moved into Liberty, I went with the Droid X Overclock, and just was wondering if what I'm doing is fine for the phone.

I chose "low voltage" with a max at 1.15 GHz, min at 400 MHz. Is that safe for the phone? I've seen phones set higher, but I think this would be the most that I want to go. I just was wondering if there are any other settings I need to tweak to protect the phone.

OP
jbhuskers

jbhuskers

Reaction score
One more note.

Installing a bunch of updates and now I'm sitting at 100.4 degrees. From what I have read this is fine, just wanted to kinda get this crowd's opinion.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Since I have moved into Liberty, I went with the Droid X Overclock, and just was wondering if what I'm doing is fine for the phone.

I chose "low voltage" with a max at 1.15 GHz, min at 400 MHz. Is that safe for the phone? I've seen phones set higher, but I think this would be the most that I want to go. I just was wondering if there are any other settings I need to tweak to protect the phone.

Just wondering... Are you just overclocking for fun? I used to mess around with it when I first started ROMing too. My DX has all the power I need it to have, very snappy and quick, especially with Liberty.

But to answer you original question, I think your settings are good. I have had mine set as high as 1.25 GHz and as low as 300 MHz. It seemed when it was that high I would get random reboots sometimes, and when I had it set that low (used SetCPU to keep it that low when the screen was off), sometimes my screen wouldn't come on when my phone rang. I messed with it for a while, but then decided there was no real use for it.

OP
jbhuskers

jbhuskers

Reaction score

Just wondering... Are you just overclocking for fun? I used to mess around with it when I first started ROMing too. My DX has all the power I need it to have, very snappy and quick, especially with Liberty.

But to answer you original question, I think your settings are good. I have had mine set as high as 1.25 GHz and as low as 300 MHz. It seemed when it was that high I would get random reboots sometimes, and when I had it set that low (used SetCPU to keep it that low when the screen was off), sometimes my screen wouldn't come on when my phone rang. I messed with it for a while, but then decided there was no real use for it.

Kinda just trying to get the most out of my phone. On Froyo Rooted I was at 1 GHz, I've seen some people go a little higher so I decided to branch out to 1.15 GHz. With a ton of updates installing now, the phone is getting a little warm for my tastes, but it never topped 101, and of course there are a lot of updates as my backup file of apps was from 6/1, so it won't always do this. When my screen is off, I have it go down to 400 MHz. I think if I notice that it gets too warm for my liking I may drop down to 950 MHz or something.

Just wanted to make sure what I was doing wasn't really too harmful going up to 1.15 GHz.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use the app quickclock advanced. It is awesome. It will calibrate your max and min values for voltage and frequency. I'm running at 1.25ghz but my voltage is Sooooo low (that is what saves battery). It will allow you to overclock while saving battery at the same time. Highly recommend it! Plus it works well with droid overclock

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Use the app quickclock advanced. It is awesome. It will calibrate your max and min values for voltage and frequency. I'm running at 1.25ghz but my voltage is Sooooo low (that is what saves battery). It will allow you to overclock while saving battery at the same time. Highly recommend it! Plus it works well with droid overclock

Agreed. QuickClock took my phone to 1.4ghz (worked, but frequent reboot). I was more interested in battery life, so I used the calculations from QCA and plugged into Droid OC. I am currently running custom values, max 1.15 at 61volts and min 300mhz at 19 volts and all is stable and has made an improvement in battery.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
My min is 300/13. That's some low voltage! I maxed out around your frequency but i stick at 1.25ghz for stability. Great app!
I use quickclock to set my cpu and droid overclock to change the governer (conservative).

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Since you are using the governor... Can u explain the different options and what they do? I see different ones that can be enabled in the settings menu but I haven't tried them yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you go to the help menu in droid overclock, it will define the different governors. Conservative saves a bit more battery than ondemand without sacrificing performance very much. Check it out

salem

Reaction score
Agreed. QuickClock took my phone to 1.4ghz (worked, but frequent reboot). I was more interested in battery life, so I used the calculations from QCA and plugged into Droid OC. I am currently running custom values, max 1.15 at 61volts and min 300mhz at 19 volts and all is stable and has made an improvement in battery.
Is it necessary to uninstall quickclock after plugging in the values to overclock, or can they both run at the same time?

I've been using quickclock for awhile, but just flashed .7 liberty and want to try out the overclock feature in the toolbox.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally, i would use quickclock to set the cpu. It works great and has a easy interface and convenient profiles (default, balanced, battery saver) Then once i set the values in qc, i go to droid overclock and set the governer. Works great. The overclock in liberty settings isn't necessary
Or you could calibrate in qc and then input those values into droid overclock, but it lacks the profile switch (performance, batt saver, balanced). up to you though

salem

Reaction score
^ thx... I'll do your suggestion.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums