Droid X or Samsung Fascinate?

ceasernem

Reaction score
Im stuck in this decision.I have the droid x and great phone!, but the fascinate will be here on the eighth and I was always waiting for the fascinate but grabbed the droid x because didn't have release date on the fascinate so now that it's just about here, and I'm still in my 30 days should I go for it?,or should I stay with the x? Would like help in deciding.

cgrimm9

Reaction score
Im stuck in this decision.I have the droid x and great phone!, but the fascinate will be here on the eighth and I was always waiting for the fascinate but grabbed the droid x because didn't have release date on the fascinate so now that it's just about here, and I'm still in my 30 days should I go for it?,or should I stay with the x? Would like help in deciding.

I would stay with the x and save your 40 dollars. its really not that big of a leap. personally I know its like you buy something and something comes out later that you wanted. in the end everything pretty muh do the same thing with a exception of a few tweaks to the OS. hopefully someone soon will break the kernal on the droid x and we will have some real custom roms built for the DX.

mbeta

Reaction score
Sapphire has been booted on the X...and the kernel will probably be worked around by loading it in after the bootloader initiates. All in all within a month we will have full custom ROM and kernel.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moto over All.....

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Why do you want the Fascinate? Then compare that to what you have on the X...

Have you had the opportunity to go in and play with the Samsung unit to see how it compares and reacts in your hand...

My choice would be the X but only you know which phone would be the best fit for you...

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely DX. According to this article (and many others), the Fascinate doesn't have 512MB of RAM, but has 512MB of flash memory...

Leaked Samsung Fascinate Equipment Guide Gives Full Spec Run Down | Android Phone Fans

If I remember correctly, it is said that Gingerbread will at least need 512MB, but I do not know if that was confirmed.

I wish people would quit talking about this. Those were rumors and google shot them down... I mean they got 2.2 running on the G1 and it's specs were horrible...

Sent from my Droid

OP
ceasernem

ceasernem

Reaction score

Have you had the opportunity to go in and play with the Samsung unit to see how it compares and reacts in your hand...

My choice would be the X but only you know which phone would be the best fit for you...
i havent played with the samsung yet, but was just wondering about the super amoled and the 1 ghz hummingbird processor? any better than the droid x's

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

i havent played with the samsung yet, but was just wondering about the super amoled and the 1 ghz hummingbird processor? any better than the droid x's

If you do get a chance to put them side by side - it would be great to hear back on your thoughts...

GrillMouster

Reaction score

The GPU in hummingbird is faster than the GPU in the TI processors in DX. For 99% of the apps that extra GPU speed might not mean anything at all, but it should result in better 3D gaming. People describe the super amoled screen as being "vibrant". It actually oversaturates colors to an unnatural level. That's not good.

avt123

Reaction score
Definitely DX. According to this article (and many others), the Fascinate doesn't have 512MB of RAM, but has 512MB of flash memory...

Leaked Samsung Fascinate Equipment Guide Gives Full Spec Run Down | Android Phone Fans

If I remember correctly, it is said that Gingerbread will at least need 512MB, but I do not know if that was confirmed.

I wish people would quit talking about this. Those were rumors and google shot them down... I mean they got 2.2 running on the G1 and it's specs were horrible...

Sent from my Droid

My bad, I didn't read that. Still, 384MB is a little low.

kdkinc

Reaction score
I owned the Samsung i910 & the i920 Omnia's.....
NEVER again.
I would change the last to letters of Samsung to "CK"

IMHO

accellpo

Reaction score
[/quote]
i havent played with the samsung yet, but was just wondering about the super amoled and the 1 ghz hummingbird processor? any better than the droid x's[/QUOTE]

The samsung screen is more vivid on colors, and the processor is the best with gaming, the X has a much better build quality, battery life, memory meaning RAM and internal storage for apps. Im still within my 30 day period as well, but im sticking with the X.