fascinate to the x

Hawk

Reaction score
Has any one gone from the fascinate to the x and what's your opinion. I am having issues with my first fascinate and verizon is sending me a new one for another 30 days. If I start having the same issues I am going to want something else. The new HTC looks interesting just not sure if it will be out on time.

xliderider

Reaction score
I went to the X after a little over a week with the Fascinate. The only thing I truly miss about the Fascinate is the fact that it has an unlocked bootloader. Other than that, I am extremely happy with the X.

What kind of problems are you having with the Fascinate?

Icemann07

Reaction score
I almost got the fascinate but went with the X, I am glad I did also had the incrediable. The X seems to be a better made phone. Best of luck!!

wb1960

Reaction score
had both,Fascinate screen was better but overall happier with the X

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
You only get 1 30day exchange for a different device. If you call and cancel now you can switch devices, if not you're stuck with it unless you seriously haggle Verizon.

I like both devices, but somethings about the Fascinate put me off, It feels cheap to me and the over saturated colors bother me (makes everything cartoonish) Other then that its a great device, nice hardware, nice design (other then the cheap feel)

celtlion

Reaction score
I switched from the Fascinate to the X and have been very happy.

Accurate GPS is critical for me and the call quality is better where I live.

OP
H

Hawk

Reaction score
The service guy wanted me to give the Fascinate another chance said they had a lot of bad ones go out in the beginning but the newer ones are much better. He said if the new one is not better that he would exchange it for something else because of the issues I am having.
GPS - sucks. can take any where from 1min to 10 min to get good location.
USB connect message constantly with nothing connected.
If I shut down I can't restart without plugging it in for 2-5min.

AmandaTheSaint

Reaction score
I had the fasinate before I got the x. But now I miss the fascinate, I miss the colors and the set up, also the fascinate fit better in my hand.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
H

Hawk

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong before all this started I liked the phone and hope that most of it can get fixed with software update, but till that happens am I supposed to walk around with a broken phone.

V1V1D

Reaction score
Hi guys, just signed up with this site. Been lurking for a bit tho. I bought my wife and I the BOGO Fascinates and I returned mine within 2 days. I just didn't like Touch Wiz or the fact it was so slippery in my hand. The screen was incredible IMO and the camera took better pics in low light than the X. Still, I felt the X was a better fit. It seems more beefy in the hand less slippery. I guess they are both great phones, Anything is better than the Blackberry I've had for the last 7 years(still have one for work.)

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3V
I had my fascinate for a month before I decided to get the X. In some ways I miss the Fasc (screen, great camera/camcorder, no lag) but not having a notification light was a huge bummer for me and I went for the switch. I am happy with the X but sometimes miss the Fasc.