help out a newbie

csk415

Reaction score
I am new to android phones. I upgraded two lines to the fascinate 2 weeks ago. I am having voice call clarity issues on mine at my job. Tried the other phone and had the same problems. I had the envy before this one and had no problems with calls. What I would like to know is, does the X get better reception than the fascinate?

xliderider

Reaction score
Yes it does, it has 3 mics, one of them is a noise cancelling mic, so it does better in noisy environments.

I had a Fascinate for 2.5 weeks before trading it in for an X. My wife stayed with her Fascinate. We bought them on a BOGO sale.

OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score
I might have been misleading. Its also a reception problem. Wife called me 3 times before she could get through to me today. Phone was sitting on desk. Wife tells me a lot that I sound static, skip everyother word and talking out of a tin can.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
The X is by and far the better of the 2 phones when it comes to reception and call clarity...numerous posts on the internet backs this up. Give the X a shot..you have 30 days to try it out as well...dancedroid

OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score
I know these are all questions that should be asked at the vzw store. I went to my local vzw store today and was told that one phone isn't better than another for reception because the tower puts out the same power for all phones. I looked at him with crickets chirping in the background. The fascinate looks great but I need something that will work all the time.

liferefugee

Reaction score
Most people at the stores do not know anything more than what the little detail cars next to the phone shows. Expect that they are all like that so the 1 who does know something can suprise you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score
Kinda figured that out. Knew I was in trouble when they told me that there was no tech on site anymore and they had to call them. All the guy could do was pull the battery and restart it. Said try that. Um OK.

mercurial.ascent

Reaction score
That's for sure true . after I got my first cell phone when I was 16,i quickly learned never to take what a corporate owned retail store employee says as the end all be all. Regardless if its a Dx or some random ancient nokia phone :D
If it was me I would re- activate the phone by dialling *228 and I think option 1 . but idk if that would help :-/

Sent from my Moto Droid using DroidForums App

OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score
He did that to, but I got the phone 2 weeks ago so it was allready updated

calidroid31

Reaction score
I would take them back I had the fasinate like the screen but calling was horrible my wife has the dc so I went the other route big mistake. Went back after 4 days and got the droid x way better allaround

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mercurial.ascent

Reaction score
I see.... Imo I think the reception depends on the hardware and signal strength received in a particular area. Your best bet would be to call vzw tech support. I'm sure they're more knowledgeable than a in store rep on the matter. If you're unsure about the dx and want to keep the fascinate , you may still be able to initiate an exchange for another fascinate incase its defective hardware. But you may also find it to be a current tower issue in your area after talking to tech support ?

Sent from my Moto Droid using DroidForums App