Droid X or Droid 2!?

jferrato7

Reaction score
Currently I have the Moto Droid...Now I love this phone more than...well...life itself. I have it rooted and run custom roms all the time. No big deal. But I am contemplating getting the Droid X or Droid 2. The Droid X seems like a huge jump...screen(size and quality), processor, hdmi, camera, internal storage, etc. The Droid 2, better touchpad, processor, and storage. It will have Froyo and probably more Updates after that...unlike the soon to be be, end of life Droid. My question is basically...What are your guy's thoughts and opinions? Which phone is better? Which one has better potential? Which one will be the best choice? Or do I just stay with Droid even longer and wait till some Holiday Released phones come out? So many decisions!!! Thanks Guys...

Joe
Moto Droid - UD Extreme 3.5 - Chevy LowV 800mhz
dancedroid:motdroidvert:dancedroid

cromo8

Reaction score
honestly i was going to jump into the droid x bandwagon but i decided to wait, droid 2 looks cool but in all honesty my original droid does everything that phone can, since it has froyo and can do apps to sd and overclocked to 1ghz, so if i was you which is in the best interest of anyone, verizon is making it so the best phone of the year comes out right around the time when the first droid came out so everyone can qualify for upgrades

so if i was you wait because 98.69% sure that it will be a 4G device

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I'm surprised the X doesn't have any votes yet. Anyway, I think the Droid 2 would be a better option (for me at least, I don't hack) but I don't feel like waiting an extra month. I'm already stuck waiting until the end of July for a Droid, and my old phone isn't working.

But I think you should just stick with the Droid because the Droid 2 isn't really different from the Droid.

Last edited:
OP
J

jferrato7

Reaction score
Yea I probably should just wait...hopefully by that time they will have a front facing camera as well...Hmm. The Droid X is pretty awesome looking. Ahhh...I hate being Impatient! lol

eliassami5

Reaction score
after playing around with my cousins Droid X for a while i really didnt like the version of blur they had on there. It seed to complicate things and while i like some features i dislike others. Im holding out for next years offerings or untill i break/lose my Droid.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i don't even use the physical keyboard on my droid anymore so i'd get the droid x.

but i rooted yesterday and not looking to upgrade anymore. rooting it was like getting a new phone:)

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Just wait for the end of the year for Motorola's 2GHz which potentially could be LTE equipped. :)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wait for the end of the year for Motorola's 2GHz which potentially could be LTE equipped. :)

i agree. here is what cereal killer posted a while back about the 2 ghz Droid Pro:

Motorola Droid Pro
Not much is known BUT somebody fired a shot over the bow and bill23 responded....

Originally Posted by Amu
I am just going to put this here cus it's just speculation XD:

- 4.3" FWVGA
- 12MP camera
- 720p recording
- 1GB RAM
- QSD 8x72
- Android Gingerbread w/out Moto Blur
- Not the Nexus Two
- Front-facing camera

bill23
Your pretty close....Droid pro and DroidWE is the same unit.to bad if you saw it you would never know what it is.it disguised extremely well in a old device housing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the keyboard. A member asked if the device would have a keyboard......

bill23

^ YES^ A very improved keypad at that i must say.I wonder who picked it out or made the suggestions on it?

mjforte

Reaction score
Droid 1 ftw. Being rooted with the Droid 1 pretty much makes the Droid 2 and Droid X unappealing to me. Both have locked bootloaders which sucks. I am looking forward to the Droid Pro though. I can only hope it's bootloader will be unlocked but we'll see. If not maybe an HTC or Samsung phone will be my next one.

littlerick

Reaction score
i just went from the droid 1 to the x and i gotta say i dont miss the droid 1. even overclocked to 1.25 it still didnt feel as snappy as my new x. i miss the root i had on the droid 1 but i love the screen on the x. on the blur widgets, you can take them off the screen if you want so they arent in your way at all, you dont have to use them.

FireDroid

Reaction score
I went from a stock D1 to the DX and would never look back!! I dont have the time to play around and root plus I am a creature of habit and dont like switching things around too much. The DX is a huge jump, love the speed,screen,swype and really love that I can make it so I dont have to do the swipe to unlock or answer a call thing on the screen.

The blur widgets are there but I am only using one which is the news one, the rst I just deleted off the screens.

I thought I would use the keyboard alot but never really did, ripped alot of movies so watching on the bigger screen was a plus, also having a larger screen for NAV doesnt hurt either!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think its funny... I got my Droid in November, and have about a year to go before I'm in range of an "upgrade".

If I could go to a rooted Droid 2, I would for the small changes in hardware, but that 2ghz pro likely will be surpassed by something else when it's time for me.

Gladly enjoying froyo on my D1 (it's like being on the bench this round), and watching the X complaints roll in... :)

FireDroid

Reaction score
Funny thing is, I have no complaints other than I wish the DX had the D1 speaker!

Stock to stock, DX wins hands down!!!

montyboy

Reaction score
I think at this point, if you're a custom rom person, it is best to sit on the bench for a while and see what progress (or roadblocks) the dev community experiences , then make your decision.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk