Droid 2 Global or Droid X?

OP
S

SativaSam

Reaction score
I'm going with the X. To me, the screen is so much more colorful, the battery life is much better, and overall it just seems like a better phone minus a slightly slower processor. Thanks so much guys. If you got any last opinions I'd love to hear em.

Beka27

Reaction score
I was dead set against a touchscreen after seeing what a disaster my husband's Dare was to text on. But my bro got an x on the launch date, so after playing with it... And visiting vzw a few times, I decided I'd give the x a try. It took a week or so to get used to the size. Now I love it. The keyboard is amazing, touch responsiveness is fantastic... Most of the time I don't even rotate to text because the portrait buttons are big enough to comfortably text. Definitely try the x. Remember... You have 30 days. Now when I go into vzw and see the d2g, I know I made the right choice for me.

Sent from my DROIDX.... without rotating ONCE!!!

Lovus

Reaction score
I'm currently looking at new smartphones,thought I'd throw a couple observations here. I come from an EnV touch also and loved the idea that if I f-ed up the touchscreen I had a whole screen and such inside. The touchscreen suKKed though. Playing with an Incredible and X of some of my friends', I found it was much easier.
On the 2 global: my wife would like the physical keyboard and I wouldn't mind having one to lean on either, but I noticed it's not a full board. They stuck the #'s in with the letters and you have to use an ALT button to switch. (They also have an ALT lock button). Not a big deal, but it is there.
Something I'm more leery of is the construction of the buttons; a flexible plastic layer on top of actual buttons is how it feels to me. I always try to avoid these buttons on most devices such as radios. Reason being, I tend to use my fingernails, and over time these types of buttons crack and the facing will fall apart from there. Even if you don't use nails, you are going to wear them out. I liked the EnV's "real" buttons.
But maybe you will have a new phone long before then. Or maybe it will motivate you to suck it up and use the touchscreen more often. Just something to consider.