Droid X Custom Boot Logo I'll create

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
No problem guys, you happened to catch me at home :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

aimless

Reaction score
Hey Doc! I'm having a problem. I don't know if it's just coincidence or what, but since I changed my boot logo I can't open clockwork through boot strap or RM. It also seems like my DX is having some brain farts that never happened before. I can't change ROM's now or just try to reload. Do you know what I may have done wrong? Or how I can go about changing it back to stock and see if that changes anything?

Focused 2.0 DroidX

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hey Doc:) Did you start a Twitter account and haven't been using it? Cause if its you that's following me I'll follow back. Just wasn't sure.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

Hey Doc:) Did you start a Twitter account and haven't been using it? Cause if its you that's following me I'll follow back. Just wasn't sure.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

That's me :) but I only use it to lurk and keep up on stuff, don't really have too much interesting stuff to say lol

dclmac

Reaction score
chkmate what's your twitter name?

Edit: nvm, I see it in your siggy

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Hey Doc! I'm having a problem. I don't know if it's just coincidence or what, but since I changed my boot logo I can't open clockwork through boot strap or RM. It also seems like my DX is having some brain farts that never happened before. I can't change ROM's now or just try to reload. Do you know what I may have done wrong? Or how I can go about changing it back to stock and see if that changes anything?

Focused 2.0 DroidX

Man I wish I could help... I've changed boot logos close to a hundred times, and have had no problems. I suppose there is a possibility that you got a bad dl or something, but from my experience, the zip is pretty much bulletproof. Only problems I've seen were caused by me missing a step when editing the image, but nothing like you're having. Is there anything else that you've changed recently besides the logo?
If nothing else, if you can't get into clockwork, you're probably gonna have to sbf, but it's most likely not caused by the boot logo. Like I said, wish I could help, but I haven't seen that happen from a boot logo change.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

That's me :) but I only use it to lurk and keep up on stuff, don't really have too much interesting stuff to say lol

Gotcha man. I didn't at first, then it got a little addicting. Kinda like texting with hundreds of people at once. Ok, I'll add you:) Even though you never say anything.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Focused 2.0 DroidX

The following above should never happen with the change of a boot logo. I haven't seen it and I've replaced mine more than most (300-400 times). I don't use ROM manager, horrible app IMHO. You can get it back to stock by searching for the right version of RSD Lite and SBF that matches your phones system version.

You can also try to uninstall Bootstrap recovery and reinstall. The click the top button, when it say "success", click "ok" and then hit bottom button and see if it boots into CW recov.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Last edited:

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Gotcha man. I didn't at first, then it got a little addicting. Kinda like texting with hundreds of people at once. Ok, I'll add you:) Even though you never say anything.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Lol you'll be my only follower then :) Now I'll feel obligated to tweet something once in a while :D

MustangBoss

Reaction score