Droid X/2 Overclock App - Easy & Noob friendly ;)

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
What number should I try to get in Quadrant, obviously the highest but ...........what is a realistic goal on stock ROM?

Sent from Droid2

Dustin.

Reaction score
OC won't stick.. Even after reboot SetCPU will recognize it for a short period of time (1-3 minutes..?) Then it goes back down to 1GHz.

Cooly1911

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this on their R2D2 Droid2 yet?

I'm running it now. 1.1Ghz and 1.5Ghz ran flawlessly. I'm trying 2Ghz now, all were using med. voltage scaling. Quadrant score 1615@2Ghz. So far so good.

Questions. 1) Is this app compatible with Setcpu? I liked using profiles to underclock when the screen is off, to extend battery life.
2) Can ya set profiles with this app?

atwong66

Reaction score
I have tried it on my Droid2 Global. It doesn't work. It doesn't even load.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been running it since I rooted a week ago on my D2. I have it set for on demand and it kick ever other phones behind when I run Quadrant. Phone's running warmer then previously but that's to be expected. Love the fact that I don't need to install a Kernel if I do change something.

I've used a couple of Jrummy's creations. Lot of people don't know this but he took the FRG22D0s ROM from Verizon and made it possible to use it with the D1. That worked excellent and now this overclock app. Nice work, hats off to him.

cleopete

Reaction score
My DX reboots with a green LED anytime I pick a frequency. Running Apex 1.3 .

*Edit* I just learned from a Market comment: Go to Phone Settings|Applications|Manage Applications| click "Clear Data" then "Force Stop". Restart. Fixed me!

ender4212

Reaction score
I've been using this for a few weeks now and I love it. Ever since he added the 'screen on' setting for profiles it's been even better. Clocked at 1.25 and quadrant score is in the 2250s.