[APPS] Droid X/2 Overclock App - Easy & Noob friendly ;)

draexo

Reaction score
Is this compatible with the Droid 2 Global?
Yes. I used to have a Droid 2 Global.

Thanks. I'm looking to improve battery life and changing the voltage on my Droid1 really helped.
Somewhere there is a thread on this.
My Global would go from 100% to 40% in 13 hours while basically sitting on my desk. I had to turn off the Global Radio (the default was on).... since I would just be using CDMA here in the states. Also, what made a good difference was updating my roaming with *228. I started to leave work with 60 to 70% battery instead.
You should go into your battery stats and see where the usage is.

johnatthebar

Reaction score
was working great (and still seems to be) but today (maybe yesterday and I didn't notice?) the profile displayed on the widget almost always says, "screen off"

I saw this mentioned in the market reviews and a note saying it would be fixed w/in 24 hours, but the dates were all off so I have no idea if this is a new occurring of an old issue or known already.

Tboy72

Reaction score
was working great (and still seems to be) but today (maybe yesterday and I didn't notice?) the profile displayed on the widget almost always says, "screen off"

I saw this mentioned in the market reviews and a note saying it would be fixed w/in 24 hours, but the dates were all off so I have no idea if this is a new occurring of an old issue or known already.

I had a similar problem. Just do a restart and it reads correctly.

johnatthebar

Reaction score
When I reboot it may or may not work shortly, thenit starts again. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. It seems to affect my actual clock speed, not just what is displayed.

rocquoone

Reaction score
How is this delivered? I paid for it 6 hours ago and it still says it will be pushed soon. A call to the phone number given went unanswered. Tia...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
How is this delivered? I paid for it 6 hours ago and it still says it will be pushed soon. A call to the phone number given went unanswered. Tia...

After you purchase it, select it again and download it.

SSX v2.0

bgs_piece

Reaction score
I have had this app for quite some time now and for some reason it doesn't work today. When I try to open the app, I get the loading screen forever and it will not go away. I exit, then go back in and the same thing. I have tried uninstalling, rebooting then reinstalling to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone help me on what to do so it will work again?

FernBch

Reaction score
Well, I made a couple of "opinion request" posts regarding an OC app in a couple places, but I didn't get much response to them. I was looking at QuickClock and Android Overclock for my oc-ing needs and, after reading this entire post, I think I'm going with jrummy's app. I know that QC will do it automatically, but that takes all the fun out of it.

So, my questions are:

What's the stand on setcpu? Is it needed and what will it do for me? If it's not really needed or serves no useful purpose, then enough said.

Thoughts and comments are always appreciated.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

FernBch

Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and bit the bullet. Jrummy, you made another sale!

I'm starting out small, just going to drop my voltages a little at a time. Once I figure that out I'll raise them a little and start bumpin the clock up.

So far I like it, no fc's and I like the widhet, too.

Oh, BTW. For those of you who say you can't get the 1.45 setting anymore, look on the settings and scaling freq menus, it's there you just have to turn it on.

Looks good Jrummy!! I'm going to like "experimenting" with this app!

FernBch

Reaction score
Ok, I have had and possibly found the cause of one fc issue. If you start the app from the shortcut after booting and you get an fc, look in the settings and see how long the delay is for the module to load at startup. I have an 80 sec delay. If I try to start the app right after boot I'll get an fc, but if a wait a couple minutes I won't. So that's pretty much a non-issue. I just have to wait a minute.

Also, if you use the widget for the app and change the scaling freq, the app won't update to show the change. To fix it, delete the widget from your homescreen and make a new one and it's fixed.

I've also noticed something about the widget itself. I'm guessing in the top half of it the speeds shown are min (left), max (right), and current (center). The current does not update when the speed changes. If you open the app you can see it change as needed, so that's an issue with the widget itself.

Maybe that's something that can be addressed in a future update

Right now Im up to oc'd at 1.1 and have my voltages at -2 from stock for all 4 slots. Still stable so we'll see where I go from here.

Last edited:

f4d3

Reaction score
I know this might be a dumb question, but if I run on stock volts and overclock my Droid X to 1.2ghz will I be using more power over stock clocks?

Reaction score
I know this might be a dumb question, but if I run on stock volts and overclock my Droid X to 1.2ghz will I be using more power over stock clocks?

Yes. Voltage does not equal wattage. Your phone will draw more current at a higher clock speed even if the voltage is the same.