[APPS] Droid X/2 Overclock App - Easy & Noob friendly ;)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can also save values and profiles in quickclock as well. Just so you know

Droid 2 zombiestomped v1.71

Reaction score
Yep. That's what I do use quicklock to tell me what my phone can do. Then manually enter values in Droid overclock app. And you can save as preset.

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz

after I get my settings and enter them into overclocker do I uninstall quick clock so it isn't interfearing with overclocker,,,and tell me if this sounds rite,,,slot 1 CPU frequency,300 slot 1 CPU minimum voltage 18,slot 2 CPU frequency 540 slot 2 CPU voltage 30 slot 3 CPU frequency 720 slot 3 voltage 38 slot 4 frequency 900 slot 4 voltage 48,, those are the settings from quick clock it gave me but there its MHz and vsel. so I'm confused does that look rite to u or is something wrong

Last edited:

Reaction score
Yep. That's what I do use quicklock to tell me what my phone can do. Then manually enter values in Droid overclock app. And you can save as preset.

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz

after I get my settings and enter them into overclocker do I uninstall quick clock so it isn't interfearing with overclocker,,,and tell me if this sounds rite,,,slot 1 CPU frequency,300 slot 1 CPU minimum voltage 18,slot 2 CPU frequency 540 slot 2 CPU voltage 30 slot 3 CPU frequency 720 slot 3 voltage 38 slot 4 frequency 900 slot 4 voltage 48,, those are the settings from quick clock it gave me but there its MHz and vsel. so I'm confused does that look rite to u or is something wrong

on my overclocker widget thing on my home screen its showing Max 0mhz,,,governer.on demand,,,and min 300 MHz,,what do u think,does it look rite its battery saver profile from quick clock

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The values from quickclock look normal for battery saver. The droid overclock widget doesn't sound right. They sync fine on my phone. Erase the widget and apply it again to the homescreen. Go into droid overclock settings as well and enable the smartass governor. It will do wonders imo.

Reaction score
The values from quickclock look normal for battery saver. The droid overclock widget doesn't sound right. They sync fine on my phone. Erase the widget and apply it again to the homescreen. Go into droid overclock settings as well and enable the smartass governor. It will do wonders imo.

where do I find smartass governer

Reaction score

for some reason on,all my slots its showing 0 MHz what's up what did I do wrong, ,help

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you did. I use quickclock to set the profile (battery saver) and just use droid overclock for the governer. I'm not sure why it's not working

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you did. I use quickclock to set the profile (battery saver) and just use droid overclock for the governer. I'm not sure why it's not working

where do I find the smartass governed on overclocker how do I get to it

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into droid overclock settings (menu button then settings) scroll down to Governors. Enable them all and at boot as well. You can research what they all do. There are a bunch of threads on it. Then go to the cpu slider screen and click the governer box. Choose the one you want. If the ones you just enabled aren't there, exit out of the app and re open it. They'll be there then

crypto

Reaction score
latest update fixed the root problem but now none of my settings are sticking, for some reason it goes back to max 1000 or 400 even if i change it to 1200. And in the widget it keeps saying "manual" under profiles.

Again I've frozen the app using TB until it gets sorted

babaq

Reaction score
Is it supposed to work with Motorola Milestone (GSM version)? Each time I go to "Set Scaling Frequencies" and set something, phone reboots. There are no error messages, no "your phone is not supported" messages, Milestone is recognized properly and current frequencies are shown.

Do I have to install overclocking module first? I thought this is "all inclusive" package with all bells and whistles.

Another notable fact is that in "Set scaling frequencies" section, the freqencies start from 700/550/400/200 which is still out of limits given to Milestone device (550/250/125).

What is wrong with my situation? I searched this forum, and I cannot find any clue.

crypto

Reaction score
latest update (2.2.4) has fixed all my issues. (haven't tested settings being applied at boot yet)

keep up the good work!

crypto

Reaction score
yeh settings still aren't being reapplied at boot. I'm running CM7 nightly#13

not a big deal though, i don't reboot that often

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Here is what I'm currently running. I was at 1.2ghz but bumped it down a hair. These settings have helped me get 48 hours out of my battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums