Droid X/2 Overclocker Not Working Well With .596

c_m_chance

Reaction score
It seems the overclocker wants to be moody with .596. It has always worked flawless for me. But since I have upgraded to .596, somedays it works fine, other days it seems to have a mind of it's own.

It has gotten to a point to where it never changes profiles though. It constantly says that I'm on the "Screen Off" profile. While it says it's on the "Screen Off" profile, sometimes it will actually be running the "screen off" settings (400 max 400 min) and other times it will actually be running my "screen on" settings (1100 max 400 min) while still saying it's on the "screen off" profile.

Almost every time when I reboot the phone, it never sets back to the correct settings and will go to default settings. And I do have it set to set frequencies at boot. I have to wind up restarting a couple times for it to set at boot.

The only profile that I see it change to is my "Charging" profile when I hook it up to charge. Other than that, it just stays on the "Screen Off" profile.

Here's my settings for what it's worth:

PRESET AND BOOT PRESET: Low Voltage: 1100, 900, 700, 400
PROFILES:
  • Temp > 42*C: 400 Max 400 Min (Priority 100)
  • Screen Off: 400 Max 400 Min (Priority 95)
  • Battery < 16%: 700 Max 400 Min (Priority 90)
  • Battery < 31%: 900 Max 400 Min (Priority 85)
  • Charging/Full: 900 Max 400 Min (Priority 80)
  • Screen On: 1100 Max 400 Min (Priority 75)

Does anybody have any suggestions or any ideas?

OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
I'm gonna attempt to uninstall everything and reset it and see what happens. I'll report back with the results. (Still won't explain why it was working at first and has slowly gotten worse.)

OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
Well, right now it seems like a reinstall fixed the constant scree off profile error. However, it's still having the same problem with losing the presets after rebooting. :frown:

jonathon1289

Reaction score
I did not use Droid OC when I was on Froyo or any of the roms. I installed it after the .596 update, and I have not had any issues. I do not have my custom presets to set on boot, I just manually apply when I restart the phone.
My speeds and voltage do apply correctly and have not changed back to app or stock presets. I only have 3 profiles (screen off, screen on, battery <25%) and they are switching correctly and reporting correctly in the widget.

I am not sure what to tell you to try with the set at boot not working correctly since removing and reinstalling the app didn't work

griz.droidx

Reaction score
I too have not had any issues since 2.1.6. 2.1.7 is the lastest and greatest though. When I was on an older version, I did have trouble with fc's on GB. Check your version and make certain its up to date. Other than that I really can't' help you.

Griz

Reaction score
Can u tell me once I've got my settings from quick clock where to put them in on,Droid overclocker,,I got my maxes and minimum values from quick clock that my phone can handle and from,what I understand after u get them from quick clock u go to Droid overclocker and put them in,a profile there can u tell me how to do this

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Blaccout

Reaction score
ive got the same problem......... its so annoying.. i keep losing all my settings. even the ad removal..

OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
Can u tell me once I've got my settings from quick clock where to put them in on,Droid overclocker,,I got my maxes and minimum values from quick clock that my phone can handle and from,what I understand after u get them from quick clock u go to Droid overclocker and put them in,a profile there can u tell me how to do this

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

From the main menu, click on the first item: "CPU Frequency Scaling," then click on the bottom of that page where it says "Profiles." Once you're in the Profiles section, click "+ Add Profile" and it will allow you to make a custom profile with the settings to your liking. After you're finished, be sure to click the "Use Profiles" check box at the top of the profiles page.

OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
ive got the same problem......... its so annoying.. i keep losing all my settings. even the ad removal..

I noticed that lately mine have been staying alright now. However, it takes a few minutes (not the 80 seconds it's set to) for the settings of my profiles to be refreshed. However, the ad removal settings and all that stuff changes everytime.