Need help with Jrummy's Droid X Overclock App

jjj751

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been using Jrummy's Droid X Overclock app for awhile and I really like it. I need help setting up the profiles in it because there are just some things that I don't understand since I am not that savvy at these things. Before I bothered with the profiles, I would just set the processor to ULV at 1.35 Ghz because I want my phone to be snappy but set it at ULV to save power (or at least thats what I think it does, correct me if I'm wrong). I currently have set 2 profiles, screen on and screen off. Here are the details on them:

Screen on:

Max Freq: 1350 Mhz
Min Freq: 1350 Mhz
Gov: Performance
Priority: 100

Screen off:

Max Freq: 400 Mhz
Min Freq: 400Mhz
Gov: Performance
Priority: 23

What I want to achieve in these profile settings is for the phone to be really snappy when the screen is on and for the processor to use as little power as possible when the screen is off. What do you guys think of the profiles? Feel free to make any suggestions.

What I don't understand is what the priority slider is for when setting the profiles up. I set the screen off priority slider to 100 and the screen off slider to 20. I noticed that when I set the screen off slider at like 70, the keyboard would kind of lagg when I would type. If I set that profile priority back to 20 then it goes away. Is that normal?

musicman

Reaction score
First, I would set the screen on min to something around 400. I promise it will still be very fast.

Second, the priority is there in case you have 2 or more profiles that happen at once (i.e. Screen on and battery below 50%). In this case which ever profile had the higher priority would be the one that ran.

Not sure about the keyboard thing, sorry.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
First, I would set the screen on min to something around 400. I promise it will still be very fast.

Second, the priority is there in case you have 2 or more profiles that happen at once (i.e. Screen on and battery below 50%). In this case which ever profile had the higher priority would be the one that ran.

Not sure about the keyboard thing, sorry.

So you are saying that I should set the screen on profile to 400 min? Shld I set it to on demand for both or performance? And whats the difference between the two? I just want it to be snappy while in use and battery saving while screens off.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
since I switched to darkslide4.2

On my droidX I dropped down to 1200max 400min and its very zippyevey with all I run on my phone at one time and my battery isn't too bad.

as for the lag your experiencing yes that is what will happen when you throttle too much. keep playing with it taking note whats working best and whats not killing battery. you'll find a happy media you like but I found I leave it set standard with my settings and i've very happy phone is fast no crashes as I've seen when I went over 1300 or so.

I prefer running Ultra low voltage thats why I like to stay down to 1200 with all I run.

Last edited:
OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
On my droidX I dropped down to 1200max 400min and its very zippyevey with all I run on my phone at one time and my battery isn't too bad.

So should I use performance for the profiles or on demand? I heard performance is more efficient

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
I would use ondemand for most times. but if your gaming maybe try performance.

On demand will raise the cpu automatically depending on your needs right?

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
as you demand more.
it also helps save battery life when you not doing too much

Okay so I shld leave the max at 1350, low at 1000 governed with on demand rite? What about the screen off profile? What shld be the max and mind and gov for that?

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
try it but

you not giving it much room to save battery, the larger the gap the more it can slow down when not under a load, so toy with it some

Myself i wouldn't go over 550 on the low side. Just my opinion though.

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
you not giving it much room to save battery, the larger the gap the more it can slow down when not under a load, so toy with it some

Myself i wouldn't go over 550 on the low side. Just my opinion though.

Yeah u are rite. I ended up setting the low to 400 and max to 1350 for screen on.

Does this look good for screen off:

Max 400
Min 400
Gov performance

musicman

Reaction score
I would set it to on demand

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
Well the only real games I play is like angry birds so I guess on demand is good

musicman

Reaction score
You won't be gaming with the screen off will you?