Droid stolen....

droidhero

Reaction score
Sucks that this has to be my first thread on here. I have been lurking for the past 6 days, I upgraded to my droid last Saturday.

I love this phone, completely exceeded my expectations. But yesterday someone stole it while at work or it was somehow misplaced but most likely stolen. I haven't lost or broken a phone in the 6 years I have had one and have always had insurance on my phone.

So I have filed a claim with my insurance. They told me the phone is currently on backorder and will update me every 72 hours with the status??? The thing is I need a phone by Saturday morning when I leave town.... I would activate an old phone but the whole reason I upgraded was because the old one would not charge and die constantly, stupid Dare.

Is there anything I can do here? I am going to call tomorrow and see but wanted to see if anyone had any experience like this.

I am hoping to possibly get one at a local store somehow.

thread summary: this sucks....I hate thieves:icon_evil:

Caindris

Reaction score
Is it being replaced with the 3rd party insurance that Verizon sells? If so you can't get a replacement at the store.. it's silly, but they are indeed a different company.

As long as they're making a best-effort I doubt there's much you can do. Sorry to hear your phone was stolen.

FNDelta

Reaction score
If you had google latitude active....you could view the location of the phone

segen77

Reaction score
where's my droid let's you send a text to locate it. bummer though.

OP
D

droidhero

Reaction score
Yeah thanks guys, it really is an awful feeling. I am guessing it is the third party insurance. Its the 8 dollar a month insurance.

Well will the phone they provide me be a new one like I had? I don't want some kind of refurbished horror story. It is a pretty new phone.

Hopefully I can call in a favor and borrow a buddies old phone or something.

Thanks again guys

Edit: Yeah I didnt have any locater apps installed or activated at the time. Plus when I tried calling it went right to v-mail. Must have pulled the battery because I always have service.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you have Asurion as your insurance you can't get the droid. I just got the paperwork that states what will be replaced... only a phone similar. They might get a droid soon but I cancelled Asurion as soon as I heard the shady things they do. Good luck on you next one. Karma will get those thieves.

OP
D

droidhero

Reaction score
Huh?? They don't replace my Droid with a Droid??? Uhhh if thats the case I will soon be making a legal battle thread hahaha.

I just don't see that possible. The store sold it to me as full coverage full replacement deal.

Reaction score
I had a bicycle stolen recently. It's not as big of a deal--even though it cost a little more--because it's not as personal of a device as one's smartphone. But, I never EVER give a thought to protecting myself from theft (and still don't), and it was quite a shock. I can relate.

As for another phone, the only good option I can think of is to hop on Craigslist or something and find an old phone, or get a Wallmart cheap-o until you get your Droid back.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
& Imagine Multi-touch

Caindris

Reaction score
It should be a droid replacement. My wife has gone through a new phone with them several times (she's rough on her phones) and if she didn't get the exact model she had she got upgraded because her phone was dated and no longer carried.

OP
D

droidhero

Reaction score
Alright guys thanks a lot for your help.

Yeah it never crossed my mind my phone would be stolen. I always thought I would be doing something stupid and smash it into a million bits somehow haha.

Stinkin backorder is going to kill me. I was hooked after 6 days, amazing.

Mawnee

Reaction score
Ack sorry to hear this. hopefully it works out for you. :(

This is why my phone will always be in my hand, or in my pocket. If someone tries to steal my phone.....I'll notice :icon_eek::icon_ banana:

Moondonkey

Reaction score
you gone by the store and seen if they could hook you up with a loaner? They have done this for me in the past. If they don't know in the store I would ask to talk to the district manager, they should be able to hook you up with something temporary..

If not then if would go get a cheap prepaid.

Reaction score
Was it a droid? According to Asurion they don't have the droid but will replace it with something similar... yes I laughed... whats similar? They don't have the droid as of now. So whats its replacement?

I got the paperwork from them and got all listed phones that are replaceable. The Motorola q9 was there but my droid wasn't. Therefore I dropped them. I researched on them and too many problems with them sending faulty refurbished phones. Oh well.

I'm downloading Wave secure in a moment.