[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

SLiMM615

Reaction score
Also make sure you have the Motorola drivers installed on your computer. That part should be in the instructions anyway. Just trying to help you cover all the bases.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Fadeds

Reaction score
Will voodoo work when the ota ics update hits? I haven't been able to find anything about it. im on .181 and just want to know if I have to unroot via the utility or rsd lite to except the update.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Will voodoo work when the ota ics update hits? I haven't been able to find anything about it. im on .181 and just want to know if I have to unroot via the utility or rsd lite to except the update.
Voodoo has worked for most people installing one of the ICS leaks...no one knows for sure if it will work with the OTA ICS when it gets pushed...I guess we'll find out. You will still have to unfreeze any apps you've frozen, replace any system apps you've deleted/moved or renamed and temporarily unroot to receive the OTA upgrade.

Fadeds

Reaction score
Voodoo has worked for most people installing one of the ICS leaks...no one knows for sure if it will work with the OTA ICS when it gets pushed...I guess we'll find out. You will still have to unfreeze any apps you've frozen, replace any system apps you've deleted/moved or renamed and temporarily unroot to receive the OTA upgrade.

thanks for the info. i haven't froze any apps or removed any system apps, so im good there.

Billyd

Reaction score
Well I may have to get my feet wet with this awesome looking utility that Matt has blessed us with.
It's Monday night and I haven't seen anything on the OTA yet. Although it has been a while sense I looked.

Many thanks Matt
X/BillyD..

superdave1685

Reaction score
Thanks for this utility. I just have a couple of questions. I'm not really "new" to rooting, as I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab I've flashed so many times I've lost count. But this is a Motorola product and I know things are a tad bit different.

I've flashed the phone with the Eclipse Rom and in my settings menu, it states I'm running on system version 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US.

I'm downloading the 6.14.79 ICS leak from here.

I plan on giving the ICS leak a whirl and seeing how I like it. This utility will take me back to the latest Gingerbread build in case I decide to go back from the ICS leak, correct?

Also, in order to use this utility, I need to be on a stock Verizon build, right? So that means using RSD to load a completely stock Verzion ROM first, correct?

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for this utility. I just have a couple of questions. I'm not really "new" to rooting, as I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab I've flashed so many times I've lost count. But this is a Motorola product and I know things are a tad bit different.

I've flashed the phone with the Eclipse Rom and in my settings menu, it states I'm running on system version 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US.

I'm downloading the 6.14.79 ICS leak from here.

I plan on giving the ICS leak a whirl and seeing how I like it. This utility will take me back to the latest Gingerbread build in case I decide to go back from the ICS leak, correct?

Also, in order to use this utility, I need to be on a stock Verizon build, right? So that means using RSD to load a completely stock Verzion ROM first, correct?
Well yes you need to be on stock 6.12.181 to install 6.14.79. This will bring you there like RSD Lite does

superdave1685

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll fire up RSD and give it a whirl. Hopefully I know what the hell I'm doing lol. I think I only have the stock 6.11.174 ROM. I downloaded the files from here. I'll just do the OTA updates to get it to 6.12.181. That should do the trick, right? Then just root .181 to use ES File Explorer and follow your post from there.

superdave1685

Reaction score
OK... I downloaded this, I got ICS going.. I installed the drivers included with the utility.

When I start the .bat file, I get the welcome screen and it asks me to "Press any key to Continue". I hit enter and nothing happens.

Do I need to be in AP Fastboot mode to run this?

rosso

Reaction score
superdave1685 said:
OK... I downloaded this, I got ICS going.. I installed the drivers included with the utility.

When I start the .bat file, I get the welcome screen and it asks me to "Press any key to Continue". I hit enter and nothing happens.

Do I need to be in AP Fastboot mode to run this?

Sounds like you are running from your phone. The utility has to be run from your pc.

Ross

cappii

Reaction score
Ok, I know this is my first post here. I am on so many of these forums now that I can't remember which ones I am a member of, and which ones I am not anymore. So, first of all.. hello.

Now, back on topic... Will this work to downgrade to 173? The reason I ask? I am a PagePlus Cellular customer. We use Verizon phones for our service, but only @ 3g. In order for us to use 4G phones, we have to modify them in CDMA workshop. Long story short, 181 killed 3G for Droid users on PPC. My gf bought a RAZR from a friend to replace her aging X, but it's already on 181... and so you see my issue. She either wants me to get this one working, or give her mine (which is on 173 and works properly). I am not giving up my phone... but I don't want her upset with me either. Any ideas?

Last edited: