Droid Razr Un-Removable battery?

MJ5150

Reaction score
I was ready to return my D3 and hang on to the D1 until the RAZR came out, then I read further about the battery not being removable. No thanks Motorola. Other than that, it is a cool device.

-Mike

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No removable battery on the Nexus either.

I wonder what customer service will tell you what to do when you call to say the phone isn't responding..."could you remove the back cover and pull the battery for me?"

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

I wonder what customer service will tell you what to do when you call to say the phone isn't responding..."could you remove the back cover and pull the battery for me?"

I just watched a hands on video with the Nexus and the battery door was loose so the guy snapped it back on? So I do think you can take the battery out.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score

The battery is removable on the Nexus!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score

I think CS response will be something like: "take a very small screwdriver and gently pry the two halves of the phone apart, clip those two wires connected to the battery and have your soldering iron heated up and ready to go."
I'm sure they will have to have a hard reset option available that won't totally wipe the phone. If not, they won't sell too many or they'll have to hire lots of in house techs to fix them.

OP
C

crwys

Reaction score
without battery pull(soft reset) you'll have two options when your phone goes nuts(and you know it will, all android phones do). you either restart it, or do factory reset. restart won't fix a lot of problem, factory reset will wipe your phone clean. a major setback to razr in my opinion.

also concerning hdmi out on nexus, it does have it.

You restart it? Its just like pulling the battery. The Xoom had a hard reset function and it gave the same effect as pulling the battery.

I also didn't seen any hdmi port, only a micro usb port.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus hands-on! - Engadget Galleries

Jcassell1

Reaction score
I just watched the Nexus Video and did not see a HDMI out anywhere on the phone. Only a Micro USB and a 3.5mm headphone jack.

jcardona1

Reaction score

Wrong. See for yourself.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus hands-on! - Engadget Galleries

samsunggalaxynexushandson6452.jpg

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Yeah what the member said above me, I just saw the same pic.

Last edited:

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
It will most likely have what the GS2 and some of the HTC phones have.

It's a tech called Mobile High Definition Link
Mobile High-definition Link - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have to buy an adapter like this:

HTC Mobile High-Definition Link Adapter | HTC 73H00394-00M | Data Cables
One end plugs into the phones microUSB port and the other you put a full size HDMI cord into.

This is from a different thread. Hope it sheds some light for those unfamiliar.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
But the way I see it yeah the RAZR has a non removable battery, but splash proof.

RAZR has expandable micro SDHC slot, not on the nexus.

RAZR built in HDMI port, Nexus you have to buy a special cord.

RAZR had 8MP 1080p Rear HD and Front HD Cameras. Nexus only has a 5MP and 1.3MP.

Whoopdy do Nexus has a slightly bigger screen.

jcardona1

Reaction score
RAZR had 8MP 1080p Rear HD and Front HD Cameras. Nexus only has a 5MP and 1.3MP.

That means absolutely squat. Have you seen the camera on the Nexus? I'm confident when I say the Razr's camera won't hold a candle to the Nexus. Motorola has consistently made garbage cameras. From the Droid 1 to the Bionic, they all blow. I've used them all, and they all suck. Motorola and camera's don't mix well.

The Nexus zero-shutter lag is a thing of beauty. You can see the camera demo at 41:20 into the release video from last night.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
That means absolutely squat. Have you seen the camera on the Nexus? I'm confident when I say the Razr's camera won't hold a candle to the Nexus. Motorola has consistently made garbage cameras. From the Droid 1 to the Bionic, they all blow. I've used them all, and they all suck. Motorola and camera's don't mix well.

The Nexus zero-shutter lag is a thing of beauty. You can see the camera demo at 41:20 into the release video from last night.

Out of all that the only argument is the camera. But I watched the vid last night. Was not impressed. They had multiple tech glitches including one where they were trying to demo the face unlock. What does that say about the camera? Also I dont believe I should have to buy any type of video cable adapter to do HDMI out.