Razr Maxx replacement parts

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purchase the Droid Razr Maxx battery and back cover?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Does anyone know where I can purchase the Droid Razr Maxx battery and back cover?

The big question in minds of many of the RAZR owners...

Not yet. Motorola is keeping a pretty tight wrap on this, but you can bet the knock-off manufacturers are salivating at the prospect of developing one so I think we'll see them soon. ( < He says, hopefully...) ;)

Last edited:

gator57

Reaction score
One would think that Motorola would be just happy to sell the parts, extra cash means better profits....

Zandar

Reaction score
One would think that Motorola would be just happy to sell the parts, extra cash means better profits....
It usually takes a few months after a handset's release to see replacement parts come out in full. For the full Maxx swap, you'll need the battery, back plate, SIM/SD card door, and chassis surround (not sure what it'll be called; basically, the plastic border to the phone). Other than that the phones are identical.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
There is a group buy going on at Droidrzr.com for the battery and back cover. Maxx Battery And Back Cover Group Buy - DroidRzr.com

I saw that thread a while ago, and I was the one who posted the "supplier" for the batteries (may not have been that specific thread), but the supplier was actually testing the waters and didn't actually have any batteries either. He was showing them "out of stock" but when I called I got the lowdown.

SOMEONE is making those batteries, but along with the battery you would also need not only the back cover but also the center frame which has the larger SD/SIM card door attached via the rubber hinge.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Not with this phone's design. Just the slightest error on the part of someone opening, disassembling, and attempting to remove/install/reassemble could result in irreparable damage. The components will be exposed to static (and you know almost NOBODY will properly ground themselves and the work surface), the motherboard is covered with RF shields which if damaged can result in any number of problems including poor reception/transmission, feedback or other noise infustion, etc., the surface mount components can be easliy bumped with a slip of the torx driver and ripped from the surface, the display can be damaged, the list goes on and on.

I can just see some junior geek who has never worked with such an extremely engineered device thinking s/he can handle it without a hitch, only to do damage. Then they'll put it back together, claim it's failed for no reason, get a warranty replacement and their haphazzard chopjob becomes Motorola's warranty loss. There's a reason why they don't want us inside these things...because it will ultimately cost Motorola, and they by attrition US more money.

cordlaw

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where i can get a replacement touch screen

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Looks like your link supplies complete assemblies of either Digitizer and Super AMOLED display or Digitizer, Super AMOLED and Bezel combined, versus the link I supplied which only sells the Digitizer as a single replacement part. If you can separate the two parts (Digitizer and SAMOLED) without damaging the display, replacing the digitizer alone is considerably less expensive, however for someone who is looking for the easiest replacement I'd recommend the Digitizer, SAMOLED and Bezel combination though it's expensive!

I am also happy to see just the backs and bezels sold separately. I could get a White back, Purple Bezel and really trick out my totally stock RAZR!! ;) And on the cheap too! Only about $27.98 before shipping... dancedroid

Last edited:

Billyd

Reaction score
Well I keep checking back to no avail. Guess I'm gonna have to take a stab at soldering that ribbon which I don't look forward to. Grrrr...
@ FoxKat, I appreciate reading your replies as they seem right on most of the time.

I see your from Penn where Data/Dave lives, who is the creator of the light in my avatar, Tri-V
And oh yes the Mod 100, guess mine would still boot. Think it's on top of a few Color Computers sporting and unheard of 32K of ram, accomplished by stacking two sets of 16K dip's. That Moto 6809 was a dang good processor.
I'm sure we could bore most of these folks to tears with stories from them days. ')

Hopefully some of the promised Razr bats will be coming through soon. I remember a week or two back some fella posted he could get us all the bat's we needed and then disappeared as fast as he talked. That was disappointing.

If anyone starts a battery notification list, sign me up. ')
Good luck all, and thanks.
X/BillyD..

I forgot to ask if anyone has done any checking at Howardforums, and as I type I run take a look. Can't believe I remembered my password, it's been years and I really don't miss the seam edits. lol
I was really surprised to find very little on the Razr there, I guess there are so many dedicated forums why bother.
Oh well.. as you were. ')

Last edited:

SweetTee

Reaction score

ddfuji

Reaction score
Will this screen work for the Maxx. Do these things usually come with replacement instructions? THANKS!!

Most likely. They are identical phones. Minus the battery. I would soubt they come with instructions. You could look on YouTube and Google and find someone who has already done this repair and maybe they have instructions.

SweetTee

Reaction score
Most likely. They are identical phones. Minus the battery. I would soubt they come with instructions. You could look on YouTube and Google and find someone who has already done this repair and maybe they have instructions.

Thanks...as sturdy as Motorola claims this phon is...it is definitely not 1-yr old proof...he's destroyed 2 already :icon_eek: