Droid Razr Un-Removable battery?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by crwys, Oct 18, 2011.

1. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

I don't see the big deal with removable storage, I have never removed the SD card from my D1 or TB, I always mount it via the USB cable. I also never seem to need additional storage. Now a removable battery on the other hand is a necessity.
  2. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

Same here. I can't tell you the last time I removed the SD card on my D1, but I do know I remove the battery regularly. And it comes in very handy on weekends and long days when I have no access to a charger; just carry a spare battery with me. Internal storage will work just like an SD card as most folks are concerned. Hook it up to a computer via the USB cable, mount the storage partition, voila, there's your "SD card" storage. And like I mentioned earlier, files will be read much quicker, because it's all internal.
  3. rza49311

rza49311 New Member

One of these might help you out.
    Amazon.com: Duracell Instant USB Charger with Lithium ion battery / includes universal cable with USB and mini USB,: Electronics
  4. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

5. rza49311

rza49311 New Member

Yeah, it does both but if you end of getting the RAZR, won't be much of a choice :frown:
  6. JoeAndDroid

JoeAndDroid New Member

Nexus has a removable battery.

7. JoeAndDroid

JoeAndDroid New Member

The other problem with these external USB chargers is the phone sees it at a charger not a battery so it runs the phone and charges the internal battery at the same time, which means you kill it rather quickly. I've used them on my MP3 player and they are in no way the same as having a spare internal battery.

8. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

What difference does it make? You either charge the battery and use the power at the same time, or you charge and use the battery and then have to recharge again anyway...:blink:

Frankly, I'd rather be able to both run on the backup battery while charging, and then when done using it, pull it out and have a fully charged battery afterwards.
  9. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Quasi-removeable battery on Droid RAZR!!

See:

Motorola Droid RAZR Teardown - iFixit

Granted, you don't want to use a Dozuki to open the phone (use a plastic or bakelite spudger instead and be extra careful to not break off the phalanges - tabs that hold the back on) , but once the back is removed, you pop up the Orange protector, use a T5 Torx driver to remove two screws, and the battery simply lifts out. Not exactly swap on the fly, but certainly user-serviceable for most of us geeks.

:icon_ banana:
  10. MonkeyMouth

MonkeyMouth New Member

How come I have been one of the few to know that the Razr DOES have a Hard Reset feature. I'VE USED IT! If this device ever does become unresponsive (which is rare) just hold power+volume down for ten seconds and there you go. Reboot. And no data reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
  11. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Active Member

I figure this was common knowledge ...lol

Tapped by a Razr...
    PEACE! ALL!!-------->>>D2D™
  12. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I've posted lately I've had a revelation about the non removable battery....

I have a Droid 1 with a 2800 mAh extended battery. Cost me $70. I have a Droid X1 that I didnt get an extended battery for yet. Glad I didnt...will get to that in a minute... I know have a RAZR, with a non removable battery.

I came across this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YFDRHW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3GSCL19TAH7YV

and this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004H668YA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=A3GSCL19TAH7YV

If you check the prices for both....they both cost around the same price I paid for my Droid 1 extended battery. The major difference is the amount of mAh's. Another difference is not sacrificing the form factor of my phones. Another thing is, since I use older smartphones that work fine and arent broken, no need to get extra or extended batteries. I woulda wasted money getting one for my Droid X1, then get a new phone the following year.

And its smaller than other battery packs with that size mAh's. I will be using the 11,000 one for all current and future phones, removable battery phones too. Even this by Samsung is a decent alternative:

But for me, the 11,000 battery pack is a must buy. Not only for my phone....but for when we are in the car and my kids have their phones, or hand held gaming systems.
  13. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Active Member

No such thing as a nonremoveable battery! Lol In my line of work and hobbies...lol peace!

Tapped by a Razr...
    PEACE! ALL!!-------->>>D2D™
  14. evileyefox

evileyefox New Member

Maybe he is confusing mAh amd NiMH. Lol
  15. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

No it's not a hard reset it's actually a soft or warm reset. I assume that you can preform hard reset by other key press combos.
Search tags for this page
does droid razr have removable battery
does the droid razr have a removable battery
does the droid razr have a removal battery

droid razr battery removal

droid razr no removable battery
droid x2 removable battery
is droid razr battery replaceable
motorola no removable battery hard reset
motorola razr i xt890 does not turn on
un removabled battery
why are droid not changeable