Droid Razr Un-Removable battery?

jcardona1

Reaction score
Face unlock works, and works well. Anyway, seems gimmicky IMO. End of the day, it doesn't matter what you choose. Both are good Android phones and that's what matters. I've dealt with Motorola's horrible camera for two years now, and I want something I can use quickly and without issues in the real world, that's why I'm choosing the Samsung device.

[video=youtube;YNPvJbUXnwg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YNPvJbUXnwg[/video]

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Come on man... the battery is important, but don't let it break up your marriage!!! All you need is LOVE!

Lol, I don't think he was referring to the deal breaker being his marriage lol. But I am going with razr.

On a separate note to Jacardona1 I actually had alot of decent shots with my 5mp OG Moto Droid, so I never had any problems with my camera. But I do love my expandable storage and Actual real HDMI out instead of using my usb port where I would need to charge it also. Seems like a douche maneuver.

jcardona1

Reaction score
On a separate note to Jacardona1 I actually had alot of decent shots with my 5mp OG Moto Droid, so I never had any problems with my camera. But I do love my expandable storage and Actual real HDMI out instead of using my usb port where I would need to charge it also. Seems like a douche maneuver.

Yeah, it's all about making compromises, and deciding what's more important. HDMI port, don't think I'd ever use that, or want to. We've never even touched the HDMI port on my GF's X. Camera though, is more important for me personally. I don't even use the camera on my Droid 1 anymore. Anytime we need a picture taken, I'll tell somebody else to snap it since my phone's camera is so terrible. When we have somebody with an iPhone in the group, they become the default group picture taker :)

OP
C

crwys

Reaction score
That means absolutely squat. Have you seen the camera on the Nexus? I'm confident when I say the Razr's camera won't hold a candle to the Nexus. Motorola has consistently made garbage cameras. From the Droid 1 to the Bionic, they all blow. I've used them all, and they all suck. Motorola and camera's don't mix well.

The Nexus zero-shutter lag is a thing of beauty. You can see the camera demo at 41:20 into the release video from last night.

http://androidcommunity.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus-vs-motorola-droid-razr-superphone-shootout-20111019/

S

S
croll down to the part about the camera. :biggrin: Not saying its good proof but still.

jcardona1

Reaction score
http://androidcommunity.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus-vs-motorola-droid-razr-superphone-shootout-20111019/

S

S
croll down to the part about the camera. :biggrin: Not saying its good proof but still.

LOL they gave it to the Razr based on megapixels? What a joke! To say the camera will be on par when it gets ICS too is laughable. It's just Motorola. Not Android. I've tried out the Bionic and Charge cameras side-by-side in store. Charge was a better camera hands down, even though the Charge is on an older version of Android.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
LOL they gave it to the Razr based on megapixels? What a joke! To say the camera will be on par when it gets ICS too is laughable. It's just Motorola. Not Android. I've tried out the Bionic and Charge cameras side-by-side in store. Charge was a better camera hands down, even though the Charge is on an older version of Android.

But as I mentioned before being a fellow OG Droid Owner, my 5MP camera did what I wanted it to. It was the lag in the phone's lack of memory that made me want to throw it into the wall sometimes. I have a brand new Nikon DSLR for taking really good photos with. Yes actually it is with me a lot. But it will get ICS early 2012 if not late this year. Strait from a VZ Sales Rep's mouth.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
Lol, I don't think he was referring to the deal breaker being his marriage lol. But I am going with razr.

Actually the Samsung USB to HDMI adapter has another micro USB port on the side for inline charging. I still think it suck that you have to buy a $40-50 proprietary adapter, but that may be a trade-off I'm willing to accept for a removable battery. I'll wait and see the price points on the 32GB vs. 16GB versions of the Nexus are before I make a final decision.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Actually the Samsung USB to HDMI adapter has another micro USB port on the side for inline charging. I still think it suck that you have to buy a $40-50 proprietary adapter, but that may be a trade-off I'm willing to accept for a removable battery. I'll wait and see the price points on the 32GB vs. 16GB versions of the Nexus are before I make a final decision.

I agree 100% I want to see the Price List as well.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
They may have 2 versions available, but if I have to pay an extra $100 to get a 32GB (ie. the iP4S) I'll be pissed.

Yeah I was thinking of getting that, but I woke up. Lol. Well I know there is the 16 and 32, But Apple's Price of 399 was for the 64GB one. So if you dont mind Id like to see the Price point also if you find it.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking of getting that, but I woke up. Lol. Well I know there is the 16 and 32, But Apple's Price of 399 was for the 64GB one. So if you dont mind Id like to see the Price point also if you find it.

Looks like Verizon will only offer one version... Hopefully it will be the 32GB, but we shall see.

OP
C

crwys

Reaction score
LOL they gave it to the Razr based on megapixels? What a joke! To say th e camera will be on par when it gets ICS too is laughable. It's just Motorola. Not Android. I've tried out the Bionic and Charge cameras side-by-side in store. Charge was a better camera hands down, even though the Charge is on an older version of Android.

Haha all I am saying is you can't say one camera is better just because of "zero shutter" and bla bla.
We will have to wait and see until they do side by side shots with both phones.
8MP is always better though, I like having big pictures :)

Its pretty sad though how both phones are under par when it comes to processors with the iPhone 4s

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Looks like Verizon will only offer one version... Hopefully it will be the 32GB, but we shall see.

I found this Price sheet, but again doesnt say which model it is:
new-map-nexus-rezound.jpg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Haha all I am saying is you can't say one camera is better just because of "zero shutter" and bla bla.
We will have to wait and see until they do side by side shots with both phones.
8MP is always better though, I like having big pictures :)

Its pretty sad though how both phones are under par when it comes to processors with the iPhone 4s

Meh, have you played with an ip4s yet? It doeesnt seem any faster than my debloated DB in day to day use. Text, email apps etc open just as fast on my phone. And I really dont like having the animations set to on. But with the iphone, you are stuck with them on.