Droid Razr Un-Removable battery?

crwys

Reaction score
The Droid Razr's back looks like it can not be taken off.
So does this mean we can't pull the battery?
Can anyone confirm this or not??

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WIH771kftXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIH771kftXQ[/video]

video the rep confirms it

jcardona1

Reaction score
The integrated battery makes me nervous. How do I reboot the damn thing when it turns into a non-responsive turd. Throw it against the wall?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The integrated battery makes me nervous. How do I reboot the damn thing when it turns into a non-responsive turd. Throw it against the wall?

That's what I would do! Doesnt matter to me tho, I'm not getting this phone.

Trash Can

Reaction score

I'm a little nervous too. Maybe they incorporated a hard reset feature similar to what the iPhone has? I certainly would like to know before purchasing this phone.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The IPhone has STORES you can go into if the phone stops working. Good luck going into Verizon to get it working again - they barely know how the phones work.

It has basically the same stock battery as the Bionic and the screen will take much more juice (and bigger processor).

Honestly I'm impressed they got what they did into the phone but no removable or expandable battery kills it.

mandragora

Reaction score
I agree. It is not often but I have pulled the battery in the Bionic at least 4 times since I got it. There would definitely need to be a hard reset button.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The IPhone has STORES you can go into if the phone stops working. Good luck going into Verizon to get it working again - they barely know how the phones work.

It has basically the same stock battery as the Bionic and the screen will take much more juice (and bigger processor).

Honestly I'm impressed they got what they did into the phone but no removable or expandable battery kills it.

My buddy had to bring his ip4 in to the store because it bricked. I'd rather just pull the battery.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
This non removable battery gives me a lot to think about. I know I have countless times had to pull my battery in my moto droid OG. So if someone does find out about a reset for it let me know. I plan on getting on the reserved list come the 27th but if it doesn't have a reset none by then I may not get it and go with the Nexus.

NegativeX

Reaction score
Hmmmmm... I think this kills the phone for me as well. Especially with how much I love to mod & tinker w/ my current OG Droid... battery pulls are necessary sometimes.

tc1

Reaction score
Have they said how much on board storage or if there is a slot for a micro sd card?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MdicnMan

Reaction score
1800 mAh Extended Battery ------ A Nickel Battery???? Not a Lithium Battery???? Is this the time to go backwards with progress in hopes to piss people off when the batt doesn't charge all the way up and then they rip us off to replace it. Then the razr2 will come out with a lithium battery.

NiMH battery? Where is that info coming from? That seems very unikely.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Have they said how much on board storage or if there is a slot for a micro sd card?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

16 gb built in 8 GB is for system the rest is for apps. Then you can still add a sd micro card. Which it comes with a 16gb sdhc micro, I believe.